Diane Wellesley, Duchess of Wellington (January 14, 1922 - November 1, 2010) was the wife of Arthur Valerian Wellesley, 8th Duke of Wellington .
|Duchess Wellington Diana Welsley|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Awards and prizes|
Diana Ruth McConelle was born in Woolwich and was the only daughter of Major General Douglas McConel, instructor of the Royal Military Academy and his wife Ruth Mary (nee Garnet-Botfield).  When World War II began, she was only 17 years old. She lived in Jerusalem with her father and worked as a secretary in the military headquarters located in the hotel King David , where her father served as adjutant. There she met Arthur Valerian Wellesley , who in 1943 became the Marquis of Duro, when his father, Lord Gerald Wellesley, inherited the title of Duke Wellington after the death of his nephew . They were married on January 28, 1944 in the Cathedral of St. George in Jerusalem . They had five children: 
- Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington (born August 19, 1945 ). On February 3, 1977, he married Princess Antonia of Prussia . Five children:
- Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Marquis Duro (born January 31, 1978 ),
- Victoria Wellesley (born October 25, 1979 ),
- Mary Louise Wellesley (born December 16, 1986 ),
- Charlotte Ann Wellesley (born October 8, 1990 ),
- Frederick Charles Wellesley (born September 30, 1992 )  .
- Richard Gerald Wellesley (born June 20, 1949 ). On July 14, 1973, he married Joan Marrion Summer. Two children: Davinia Chloe Wellesley (born October 10, 1977 ) and Natasha Dunya Wellesley (born June 6, 1981 )  .
- Caroline Jane Wellesley (born July 6, 1951 ). Not married  .
- John Henry Wesley (born April 20, 1954 ). May 7, 1977 married Corinne Wes. Two children:
- Gerald Valerian Wellesley (born June 6, 1981 ),
- Alexandrina Sophia Wellesley (born July 23, 1983 )  . In 2014, Alexandrina married singer James Blunt  .
- James Christopher Douglas Wellesley (born December 16, 1964 ). In 1994, he married Laura Elizabeth Wedge. Divorced in 2005. One Daughter:
- Eleanor Rose Wellesley.
On July 26, 2005, he married for the second time Emma Nethercott  .
- Obituary for Diana, Duchess of Wellington at Confessions of a Ci-Devant
- Diana Ruth McConnel profile at thepeerage.com
- Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington . The Peerage . The appeal date is January 19, 2015.
- Lord Richard Gerald Wellesley . The Peerage . The date of appeal is January 19, 2015.
- Lady Caroline Jane Wellesley . The Peerage . The date of appeal is January 19, 2015.
- Lord John Henry Wellesley . The Peerage . The date of appeal is January 19, 2015.
- Sofia Singer James Blunt 'Sofia friacée Sofia Wellesley in a small chapel in Mallorca' . The Daile Mail (September 7, 2014). The date of appeal is January 19, 2015.
- Lord James Christopher Douglas Wellesley . The Peerage . The date of appeal is January 19, 2015.