Global Commission on Drug Policy ( English Global Commission on Drug Policy (GCDP) ) - a public commission, founded in 2011  . In her 2011 report, she assessed the global war on drugs : “The global war on drugs is lost, with devastating consequences for individuals and society around the world.” The report says that the tough anti-drug policy of the last four decades has not reached its goal - the expulsion of drugs and, in fact, has generated a widespread escalation of violence. Alternatively, the authors of the report propose the decriminalization of drug use for those who do not harm others  .
The Commission was formed to bring to the international level a conscious, scientifically based discussion on humane and effective ways to reduce the harm that drugs cause to people and society. Based on the successful experience of the .
On September 9, 2014, the Global Commission on Drug Policy presented the second report in New York . It is proposed to legalize the use and storage of all drugs, except crack cocaine and desomorphine , to stop the prosecution of small drug dealers , to regulate the sale of drugs by the same mechanisms as tobacco products and alcoholic beverages   .
The punitive ideology should be replaced by more humane and effective approaches based on scientific evidence, public health principles and human rights.- Report of the Global Commission on Drug Policy 
The members of the Council of the Commission at the end of 2016 were 23 people:
- Kofi Annan ( Ghana ) - UN Secretary General in 1997–2006 .
- Louise Arbor ( Canada ) - UN High Commissioner for Human Rights in 2004–2008 , President of the .
- Pavel Bem ( Czech Republic ) - Prague primator in 2002 - 2010 , member of the Czech Parliament .
- Branson, Richard ( United Kingdom ) - a British entrepreneur, founder of the Virgin Group Corporation , one of the founders of the Elders organization.
- Mario Vargas Llosa ( Peru ) - Peruvian writer, Nobel laureate .
- Paul Walker ( USA ) - President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 1975–1979 , Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in 1979–1987 .
- Cesar Gaviria ( Colombia ) - President of Colombia in 1990-1994 .
- Anand Grover ( India ) - Former UN Special Rapporteur on the right to health.
- ( Pakistan ) —Pakistan lawyer and human rights activist, UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief in 2004–2010.
- Ruth Dreyfus ( Switzerland ) - President of Switzerland in 1999 , Head of the Department of the Interior in 1993–2002 .
- Maria Katawi ( Switzerland ) - member of the Petroplus Council, former Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce .
- Michel Kazachkine ( France ) - UN Special Envoy for HIV / AIDS in Eastern Europe and Central Asia , Director of the Global Fund to Fight HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in 2007–2012 .
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso ( Brazil ) - President of Brazil in 1995–2003 (head of the commission until 2016) .
- Alexander Kwasniewski ( Poland ) - President of the Republic of Poland in 1995-2005.
- Nick Clegg ( United Kingdom ) - Deputy Prime Minister of Great Britain in 2010-2015.
- Ricardo Lagos ( Chile ) - President of Chile in 2000–2006 .
- Olusegun Obasanjo ( Nigeria ) - President of Nigeria in 1999–2007.
- Georgios Papandreou ( Greece ) - the Greek Prime Minister in 2009-2011.
- Jorge Sampaio ( Portugal ) - President of the Portuguese Republic in 1996–2006 .
- Ernesto Zedillo ( Mexico ) - President of Mexico in 1994-2000 .
- Javier Solana ( Spain ) - European Union High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy in 1999–2009 .
- Torvald Stoltenberg ( Norway ) - UN High Commissioner for Refugees in 1990, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Norway in 1990-1993 .
- George Schulz ( USA ) - US Secretary of State in 1982 - 1989 (honorary head of the commission) .
- Carlos Fuentes ( Mexico ) - Mexican writer (died in 2012 ).
- ( Germany ) - Parliamentary Secretary of State at the German Ministry of Health in 2005–2009 .
- USA ) - American banker and statesman, founder and chairman of the National Memorial and Museum on September 11 (died in 2015 ).
- ALEXANDER BLACK . Legalize it: Alexander Chernykh on the proposal of experts to legalize drugs , The village. The appeal date is September 12, 2014.
- Ekaterina Kravchenko, Polina Khimshiashvili. UN: Marijuana does not hurt . Vedomosti , No. 100 (2866) (March 6, 2011). The date of circulation is September 10, 2014.
- Alexander Artemyev, Iva Tsoi. World leaders propose the UN to legalize almost all drugs (Inaccessible link) . RBC (September 10, 2014). The date of circulation is September 10, 2014. Archived September 10, 2014.
- Global Commission on Drug Policy proposed a radical solution , Inopressa (September 10, 2014). The appeal date is September 12, 2014.