The Church of the Unarmed Labor of the Image of Christ the Savior (in colloquial language is also referred to as the Olympic Temple or the Spanish Church ) is the church of the Ekaterinodar and Kuban Dioceses of the Russian Orthodox Church , located in Sochi , Krasnodar Territory . It is located in a large spiritual and educational complex under construction “Shelter of St. John the Baptist”, near the Imereti lowland . The abbot of the temple is Archimandrite Flavian (Fragments) .
|Church of the Miraculous Image of Christ the Savior|
|Location||Sochi , Adlersky district, st. Spasskaya|
|Denomination||Russian Orthodox Church|
|Project author||Fedor Afuxenidi|
|Building||2012 - 2014|
During the excavations in the city of Sochi in 2010  , the ruins of an ancient Byzantine church of the 9th century were found. It is understood that Christian martyrs were buried there before the foundation of Kievan Rus . The stone, taken from the ruins, was laid in the foundation of the new church on August 29, 2012, on the day of the transfer from Christ to Constantinople of the Holy Face of Christ  . On the day of the laying with the presence of spiritual and secular persons, Metropolitan Yekaterinodarskog and Kubansk Isidor (Kirichenko) , the rite and liturgy were performed. The choir of the Moscow Sretensky Stavropegic Monastery participated in the service . Later there was a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for Construction with the participation of politicians and athletes. On that day, there were spiritual and secular faces  .
Instead of the construction planned earlier in December 2013, the construction over the temple ended a few days before Christmas in 2014. About 300–400 believers came to the holiday, including Russian President Vladimir Putin and First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Alexander Zhukov  
On February 2, 2014, Metropolitan Yekaterinodar and Kuban Isidor consecrated a temple in honor of the Holy Face of Christ the Savior  . Three days later, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill performed a prayer service with the presence of athletes from Russia, Belarus , Ukraine and Moldova , as well as officials and politicians who contributed to the conduct of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi  . Prayer for Paralympians was performed on March 6  .
According to the Sochi-2013 forum, the total cost of the complex is 478 million rubles  , funds were allocated from the regional budget, with the help of trusteeship funds  .
The temple was built in the form of a tetraconch and in the style of the neo - Byzantine border of the XIX — XX centuries. The height of the church is about 43 meters  . The room inside the foundation, standing on a two-tier stylobate under the church, is intended for holding conferences and exhibitions, for example, on the history of Christianity in the Caucasus  . The central quadrangle rises above the others, the cone dome is covered with copper. The temple is surrounded by rectangular volumes of anchors on all four sides, the upper tier consists of semicircular apses , covered with copper conchs . On the west side there is a small bell tower , on the east side is the altar apse. Portals in the north, west and south have porticos with short columns and semi gables . In the center of the vault is the image of the Savior and the seraphim around him. Over the temple worked workshop "AS-Pro" under the direction of Fedor Afuksenidi   .
25 artists from the Russian Academy of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture of Ilya Glazunov painted the walls for four months  . The painting was made in the style of modern or realism , resembling the painting of Viktor Vasnetsov . Images of biblical characters and angels in the frescoes have their own characteristics, in particular, they have large, expressive eyes  .
The bell weighing 2,000 kg sounded for the first time on February 5  .
- Kristina Konogray. A new temple with an ancient history is being built in Sochi . Vesti.ru (September 22, 2012). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- The foundation stone is consecrated in the base of the temple, which is being built near the Olympic Park in Sochi . The official website of the Moscow Patriarchate (August 30, 2012). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Laying a stone in the base of the temple in the Olympic Sochi . Orthodox Kuban (August 29, 2012). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Vladimir Putin met for Christmas in the Cathedral of the Hands of Christ the Savior in Sochi . Orthodox Kuban (January 7, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Christmas service in the Cathedral of Christ the Savior on YouTube
- Metropolitan Yekaterinodar and Kuban Isidor consecrated the temple complex of the Holy Face of Christ the Savior in Sochi . The official website of the Moscow Patriarchate (February 5, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Holiness Patriarch Kirill performed a prayer service in the Church of the Holy Face of the Savior in Sochi . The official website of the Moscow Patriarchate (February 5, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- In Sochi, a moleben is performed for Paralympians . The official website of the Moscow Patriarchate (March 6, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Artists set about painting the temple of the Miraculous Image of Christ the Savior in Sochi . Russian folk line (October 10, 2013). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Natalia Zakharova. In the Imereti lowland they consecrated the Cathedral of the Miraculous Image of Christ the Savior . Architecture of Sochi (January 5, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- In Sochi, they consecrated a temple in honor of the Savior the Apparitions near the Olympic Park . Orthodoxy.Ru (January 5, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- new temple in Sochi will be painted in Vasnetsov style . Orthodoxy.Ru (October 12, 2013). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Seliverstov A.V. The Church of the Savior with the Hand-to-Hand Image near the Olympic Park . Churches of Russia (February 17, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- All the faithful guests of Sochi are preparing to receive the “Olympic” temple under construction, the Miracle Image of Christ the Savior . Orthodox TV channel "Union" (January 29, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Ekaterina Mironova. In Sochi, at the entrance to the Olympic Park for Christmas, a new temple was consecrated . Vesti.ru (January 5, 2014). The date of circulation is December 20, 2017.
- Evangelist for the Church of the Hand-to-Hand Image of Christ the Savior in Sochi
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to the Temple of the Miraculous Image of Christ the Savior