The Novo-Vilnyas district ( lit. Naujosios Vilnios rajonas ) is an administrative-territorial unit within the Lithuanian SSR , which existed in 1950-1959. The center is the city of New Vilnia .
|Naujosios Vilnios rajonas|
|A country||the USSR|
|Logged in||Lithuanian SSR|
|Adm Centre||New Vilnia|
|History and geography|
|Date of education||1950-1959|
The Novo-Vilnyas district was formed in the Vilnius region of the Lithuanian SSR on June 20, 1950. It consisted of 31 village councils of Vilnius County and 1 village council, which was subordinate to the city of Vilnius . At the same time, the center of the district of New Vilnia received city status.
On May 28, 1953, in connection with the liquidation of the Vilnius region, the Novo-Vilnya district became directly subordinate to the Lithuanian SSR.
In 1957, New Vilnia was incorporated into the city limits of Vilnius.
On December 7, 1959, the Novo-Vilnya district was abolished, and its entire territory was transferred to the Vilnius district .
- Naujosios Vilnios rajonas. Tarybų Lietuvos enciklopedija, T. 3 (Masaitis-Simno). - Vilnius: Vyriausioji enciklopedijų redakcija, 1987.