There is information about the existence of hydropower stations in the past in the villages of Podgornoye , Pervomayskoye , Parbig , Baturino , and Pudino .
These hydropower plants had a small capacity, but usually provided electricity to several localities in rural areas. After laying in the 1970s the main transmission lines connecting the regions of the region with the Unified Energy System of the country and giving cheap electricity, the small hydropower stations were decommissioned and their equipment was dismantled. Nevertheless, in some places, hydroelectric power station buildings and dams are still preserved.
The facilities of the Iksinskaya HPP are located 5 km from the village of Podgornoye , upstream of the Iksa River (tributary of the Chai ). Construction began in 1949 , in 1963, the hydroelectric power station began to produce electricity  .
There is information about the construction of a hydropower plant in 1946 in the village of Pyshkino-Troitskoe (now Pervomayskoye)  .