Power Glove - controller glove for the NES gaming console. He was the first controller, repeating the movement of hands on a television screen in real time  . Power Glove was not popular and was criticized for its low accuracy and difficulty in use  .
Power Glove was released in 1989  . Although it was an official product, Nintendo did not participate in the development and production of the enhancement. Power Glove was developed by Mattel in the USA  and PAX in Japan. Cost glove almost $ 80.
Device and Usage
The glove has a built-in joystick and a few extra buttons for typing the program code of games that have not been officially adapted for Power Glove. Carbonic ink is applied to the fingers of the gloves, transmitting compression and stretching. The connection takes place in the connector for the first joystick. The glove has two ultrasound speakers (transmitter) that transmit sound at a frequency of 40 kHz, not audible to the human ear. In the mount, located on the TV, built-in three microphones (receiver), which take the sound from the glove and calculate its location in space along the axes X, Y, Z and the angle of inclination. Due to the fact that the position of the hand is determined with the help of sound, playing in a noisy environment is not possible, since microphones are often mistaken  .
Especially for Power Glove, only two games with special features were released: Super Glove Ball - 3D puzzle and Bad Street Brawler - beat 'em up . Both games could be played with a standard NES controller, but additional movements appeared when using Power Glove. These games were supposed to be part of the Power Glove Gaming Series.
Other Power Glove games were announced: Glove Pilot , Manipulator Glove Adventure and Tech Town , but they were never released.
Nevertheless, with the help of Power Glove it was possible to play regular games. For different games, the control scheme was different. Let's say in Top Gun (flight simulator), by leading the aircraft to the left or right, it was possible to turn the plane in the same direction. In Punch Out (boxing), forward-facing punches forced the boxer to strike the opponent, and squeezing the fingers to put the block.
- In the movie The Wizard of 1989, at 35-36 minutes, Lukas Barton plays Rad Racer using Power Glove.
- Game developer Matthew Dreamy (Matt Mechtley) on the 20th anniversary of PowerGlove, independently improved the glove by installing an accelerometer instead of ultrasonic sensors and replacing the wired connection with Bluetooth   .
- In the Kung Fury crowdfunding amateur movie, the plot uses Power Glove for time hacking.
* In the movie Nightmare on Elm Street 6, Freddy Krueger uses his own Power Glove, losing the main joystick.
- AGE Tech . Abrams Gentile Entertainment. The appeal date is May 13, 2009. Archived October 27, 2012.
- Backwards Compatible - The Power Glove . ABC website - Good Game . Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) (May 19, 2008). The appeal date is June 6, 2009. Archived October 27, 2012.
- Nintendo wiki (rus.)
- Nintendo PowerGlove Glove Controller - New Edition for the 20th Anniversary (rus.)
- Make the Future You Imagined: The Power Glove - 20th Anniversary Edition Archived December 15, 2013. (eng.)