Anzac Bridge is a cable - stayed bridge across Johnsons Bay connecting the Pyrmont area with the Glebe Island in Sydney , Australia . This is the third bridge built on this site. The first wooden bridge was opened in 1862. The second, electric swing axle, was opened in 1903. The third, the current bridge, was opened on December 3, 1995 and was called, like its predecessors, the Glebe Island Bridge. In 1998, the bridge was renamed the Anzac Bridge in honor of the soldiers of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who took part in the First World War.
|Application area||automobile, pedestrian, bicycle|
|Type of construction||Cable-stayed bridge|
|Main span||345 m|
|total length||805 m|
|Bridge width||32.2 m|
|Opening||December 3, 1995|
The Australian flag flutters on the east pylon of the bridge, and the New Zealand flag on the west. The length of the bridge is 805 meters, the length of the main span is 345 meters, the width is 32.2 meters, the height of the pylons is 120 meters.