Avetik Ignatievich Burnazyan ( armenian Բուռնազյան Ավետիք Իգնատի , April 20, 1906 , Nor-Bayazet - October 15, 1981 , Moscow ) - organizer of the Soviet military medical service, deputy minister of health of the USSR (1956-1981), candidate of medical sciences , lieutenant general of medicine service (1945). Hero of Socialist Labor , laureate of the Lenin, Stalin Prize and State Prize of the USSR.
|Avetik Ignatievich Burnazyan|
|Head of the government||Nikolai Alexandrovich Bulganin|
Nikita Sergeevich Khrushchev
Alexey Nikolaevich Kosygin
Nikolai Alexandrovich Tikhonov
|Education||Military Medical Academy named after S. M. Kirov|
|Years of service||1928-1945|
|Type of army|
|Battles||Polish campaign of the Red Army (1939) |
Soviet-Finnish War (1939-1940)
The Great Patriotic War
A participant in the development of the first Soviet atomic bomb and elements of a "nuclear shield" in the USSR. The first head of the State Radiation Safety and Health Service. Member of World War II  . Member of the Polish campaign of 1939 and the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940 .
With his direct participation, Clinical Hospital No. 6 was created as the basic medical institution for healthcare of the system of the 3rd Main Directorate under the USSR Ministry of Health.
- 1930 - graduated from the S.M. Kirov Military Medical Academy in Leningrad.
- 1935 - graduated from the Military Academy named after M.V. Frunze.
- 1935-1940 - headed the military sanitary departments at the Moscow Regional Clinical and I Medical Institutes.
- In 1939-1940 - deputy chief, and later the head of the sanitary department of the 10th Army.
- In 1941-1943, he headed the medical service of the Kalinin Front.
- 1945 - Head of the Sanitary Directorate of the Far Eastern Front for the organization of medical support for troops in the war with Japan.
- Since 1946 - head of the medical service of the 1st Main Directorate under the Council of Ministers of the USSR.
- In 1947, he was seconded for service to the USSR Ministry of Health, where he headed a number of departments and for 25 years he was deputy minister and member of the board of the Ministry of Health of the USSR.
- Since 1954 - headed the Third Main Directorate under the USSR Ministry of Health.
- In 1956-1981 - Deputy Minister of Health of the USSR.
Major General of the medical service since March 31, 1943. Lieutenant General of the Medical Service - since June 19, 1945.
Awards and titles
- Hero of Socialist Labor (04/14/1976)
- 9 orders of Lenin (04/19/1945; 10/29/1949; 11/03/1953; 04/09/1966; 04/14/1976)
- Order of the October Revolution (07.20.1971)
- 3 orders of the Red Banner (01/30/1943; 09/08/1945; 06/20/1949)
- Order of the Patriotic War of the 1st degree (04.06.1944)
- 3 orders of the Red Banner of Labor (12/08/1951; 09/11/1956; 04/03/1974)
- Order of the Red Star (11/03/1944)
- Order of the Badge of Honor (01/15/1966)
- medal "For Labor Valor" (02/11/1961)
- other medals
- SSC Federal Medical Biophysical Center named after A. I. Burnazyan FMBA of Russia  . Created by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 27, 2007 No. 894 by merging the Institute of Biophysics of the FMBA of Russia and the Federal State Healthcare Institution Clinical Hospital No. 6 named after A. I. Burnazyan FMBA of Russia (the name of A. I. Burnazyan was assigned to Clinical Hospital No. 6 was an order of the Government Moscow No. 1299-rp dated July 7, 2006).
- By order of the head of the FMBA of Russia (No. 310 dated November 16, 2007), the Regulation on the badge “A. I. Burnazyan ”, which is the departmental mark of distinction of this department.
- In 2016, the FMBA commemorative medal “110 years since the birth of A. I. Burnazyan” was issued 
- Burnazyan A. I. Fundamentals of radiobiology and radiation protection. Lecture. - M .: B. and., 1977 .-- 48 p.
- Burnazyan A.I. The struggle for the life of the wounded and sick on the Kalininsky - 1st Baltic Front (1941-1945). - M .: Medicine, 1982. - 304 p.
- Bogunenko N.N., Pelipenko A.D., Sosnin G.A. Burnazyan Avetik Ignatievich // Heroes of the atomic project. - Sarov: Rosatom, 2005. - S. 79. - ISBN 5-9515-0005-2 .
- Memory of the people
- SSC Federal Medical Biophysical Center named after A. I. Burnazyan FMBA of Russia
- FMBA of Russia :: Official :: Today in the conference hall of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency a two-day anniversary scientific-practical conference "Medicine of extreme situations" dedicated to the 110th birthday of A.I. Burnazyan . fmbaros.ru. Date of treatment July 11, 2016.
- Burnazyan, Avetik Ignatievich . Site " Heroes of the country ".