Sfenebeya ( other Greek Σθενέβοια , or Antia / Anteya) is a character in ancient Greek mythology  the daughter of the king Lycia Iobat (or Arcadian Aphid  ), or Amphianax (or Amphidamant), or Admet and Alkestida  .
|Children||, , and|
She bears the name Antia at Homer and Asklepiad  . Her Euripides and many other authors call Sfenebeya  . The God-given Queen of Tiryns , one of the daughters of Tsar Lycia Iobath , the wife of Tsar Tiryns Preth  . When her husband Pret gave shelter to the beautiful hero Bellerophon , she tried to seduce him, but Bellerophon refused her. Then she slandered him in front of her husband  , assuring him that Bellerophon tried to seduce her. Pret could not harm Bellerophon, since he was under his protection. Then he sent Bellerophon to his father-in-law in Lycia, with a letter, where he asked to deal with the hero. These attempts failed, Iobat realized that the hero was protected by the gods, gave him another daughter and bequeathed the kingdom.
Upon learning of this, Sfenebeya committed suicide (according to another version - even earlier, because of unrequited love)  . I drank cyclut  . According to Euripides , Bellerophon in flight threw her from Pegasus . The protagonist of the tragedy of Euripides "Sfenebeya"  .
- Lubker F. Stheneboea // The Real Dictionary of Classical Antiquities by Lubker
- Myths of the peoples of the world . M., 1991-92. In 2 t. T. 2. S.479
- Hesiod. The list of women, fr. 129 M.-U .; Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library III 9, 1
- First Vatican mythograph III 1, 67
- Scholia to Homer. Iliad VI 155 // Comment by D. O. Torshilov in the book. Gigin. Myths St. Petersburg, 2000. P.77
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library II 2, 1
- Homer. Iliad VI 160; Gigin. Astronomy II 18, 1
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library II 2, 1-2; 3, 1; Diodorus of Sicily. Historical Library VI, fr. 9; Gigin. Myths 57
- Gigin. Myths 243
- Scholia to Aristophanes. Frogs 1043 // Comment by D.O. Torshilov in the book. Gigin. Myths St. Petersburg, 2000. P.78
- Aristophanes. Frogs 1043, 1217-1219