John Neculce ( Mold. Ion Neculce ; 1672 , Prigoreni  - 1745 , Tirgu Frumos ) - Moldavian chronicler , hetman of the Moldavian army, supporter of the rapprochement of the Moldavian principality with Russia .
|mold Ion neculce|
Ion Neculce on a postage stamp of Moldova, 2002
|Date of Birth||1672|
|Place of Birth||Burn|
|Date of death||1745|
|A place of death||Tirgu Frumos|
|Language of Works||Moldavian|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Creativity
- 2.1 Editions
- 3 notes
- 4 Literature
Ion Neculce came from a noble noble family.
During the reign of Antiochus, Cantemir rose to the rank of specter . During the time of Dmitry Cantemir he became the hetman of the Moldavian army, participated in the Prut campaign of Peter , and after the defeat he left with Kantemir in Russia . In 1719, Ion Neculce returned to the Principality of Moldova. Under the reign of Constantine, Mavrokordat was appointed a clerk .
He died in 1745 .
Neculce continued the work of Miron Kostin and wrote "Chronicle of the Moldovan Tsar of the case of Dabizha-vode pyne la a douai a lui K. Mavrokordat" ("Chronicle of the Moldavian land from Dabizha-voivode to the second reign of K. Mavrokordat", 1661 - 1743 ) with "Preface "And 42 historical legends. This annals is to a large extent a memoir. Legends recorded by Neculce - the first collection of Moldavian folklore. The chronicle is divided into chapters devoted to individual sovereigns . Neculce gives detailed information about wars, tax policy, feuds of the boyars, about the mores and occupations of the ruling class and popular unrest. He mentions the Tatar raids on the Moldavian principality, the Polish-Turkish wars of the end of the 17th century , the Prut campaign of Peter I of 1711, of which Neculce himself was a member, and the campaign of the Russian troops of 1739 .
- 1845 - Letopiseţul Ţării Moldovei şi O samă de cuvinte, in: Michael Kogelnicuanu (ed.), Letopiseţele Ţării Moldovei, I edition ( Iasi ).
- 1894 - Letopiseţul Ţerei Moldovei ( Bucharest : Editsine Shkolare Publishing House, 208 pp.). II edition - 1897.
- 1936 - O seamă de cuvinte şi Cronica ( Bucharest : Editura Universală. Alcalay, 176 pp.).
- 1938 - Letopiseţul Ţerei Moldovei şi O seamă de cuvinte, revised by Jon Pilat ( Bucharest , 48 pp.). II edition - 1943.
- 1942 - Cronica lui I. Neculce, edition - Alexandru Prokopovich, 2 ligaments ( Craiova : “Scrisul românesc”, I edition - 255 pages, II release - 263 pages).
- 1955 - Letopiseţul Ţării Moldovei şi O samă de cuvinte, revised by Iorgu Jordan ( Bucharest : ESPLA, 461 pp.).
- 1986 - Letopiseţul Ţării Moldovei, revised by Gabriel Strömpel ( Bucharest : Minerva Publishing House, 528 pp.).
- 1993 - Cronica copiată de Ioasaf Luca , revised by Zamfira Migailova and Paul Migail ( Chisinau : Ştiinţa, 320 pp.).
- 1996 - O samă de cuvinte. Letopiseţul Ţării Moldovei de la Dabija Vodă până la a doua domnie a lui Constantin Mavrocordat, revised by George Muntean ( Bucharest : 100 + 1 GRAMAR publishing house; 184 pp.). II edition - 1997.
- 1997 - Cronicari moldoveni: Grigore Ureche, Miron Costin, Ion Neculcae. Antologie, introduction, commentary, critical note, dictionary and bibliography - Dan Goria Mazilou ( Bucharest : Humanitas Publishing House, 175 pp.).
- Livusha Valentova: Neculce, Ion , in Slovník rumunských spisovatelů ( Prague : Livri Publishing House, 2001 ; page 167). ISBN 80-7277-069-1