Perfect World ( Chinese 完美 世界 , Rus. Perfect world ) is a Chinese multiplayer online role-playing game created by Beijing Perfect World . At the moment, it is launched in many countries of the world and has several different versions. The international version of the game is considered to be the North American (Perfect World International - PWI), released by Perfect World Entertainment, its open beta testing began on September 2, 2008  . The English-language Malaysian version of the game is also common.
|Developer||Beijing Perfect World|
|Date of issue|
|Platform||Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1|
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 1.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 1500+, 2048 MB RAM, Video :
On March 31, 2009, Astrum Nival announced the completion of beta testing and the release of the Russian version of the game  .
There are two versions of the game:
- Perfect World, released in January 2006. This game did not go on international sale and is aimed at a Chinese audience.
- "Perfect World 2", developed in November 2006 and includes many changes and additions, such as new skills of heroes, locations, items and other payback system. "Perfect World" and "Perfect World 2" are based on a common plot and graphics, but nonetheless are different games.
Since the original game never went on sale outside of China , it is customary to call Perfect World 2 in the Russian Federation and other countries - simply “Perfect World”, without specifying the version, or adding the name of the add-on instead of the number, for example: “Perfect World: Legends of the Seas” . Astrum Nival (a former division of Nival Interactive ), which later became part of the Mail.ru holding  , is engaged in Russian localization and support of official Russian servers.
The original version of the game was distributed by subscription (the so-called p2p scheme). To expand the audience, Perfect World 2 was transferred to the category of games without a monthly fee (i.e. f2p ). After that, its popularity increased  . The game’s fan site, which served as an active communication platform for players on Chinese servers until the advent of English-speaking Malaysian servers, already attributed to the game over 3 million registered players in China, Malaysia, Vietnam and Japan, calling the game “Chinese World of Warcraft ”  .
- News about the start of the open-beta test
- Release of the Russian version of Perfect World
- Mail.Ru press release on joint promotion of MMORPG Perfect World in Russia Archived on September 21, 2013.
- Mail.Ru press release on the purchase of Astrum Online Entertainment (inaccessible link) . Date of treatment September 13, 2010. Archived September 21, 2013.
- Interview by Perfect World International (a company promoting the game on the North American market) to mmorpg.com.