Seyid Yahya Jalaleddin Bakuvi  - a medieval scientist, thinker, philosopher-theologian, astrologer  .
|Seyid Yahya Bakuvi|
Mausoleum of Sayyid Yahya Bakuvi in Baku
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth||Shamakhi|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Scientific field||philosophy ( ontology ), astrology|
|Place of work||Baku , Shirvanshahs palace|
Seyyid Yahya was born around 1410 (according to UNESCO website - in the 90s of the XIV century )  in a wealthy family in Shemakha ( Shirvan ). In his youth he was fond of Sufism, was a follower of the teachings of the famous Sheikh Sadr al-Din al Halvati, the head of the Shirvan branch of the tariqa . After the death of the sheikh, having quarreled with a student of Piri-zade over which one of them to lead the Halvati sect, Seyyid Yahya left Shemakha and left for Baku . Here he settled at the court of Shirvanshah Khalil-Ulla I , where he was very popular as a philosopher, scientist and court astrologer. Soon the number of his followers (including in the countries of the Middle East) exceeded ten thousand people. Bakuvi died according to the Azerbaijan Soviet Encyclopedia in 1462  , according to the UNESCO website - in 1463  .
18  works of Sayyid Yahya Bakuvi have survived to this day. Bakuvi's works are mainly devoted to ontology , ethics, and the teaching of Batiniye  . They are stored in the cities of Turkey: Istanbul (library "Muradiya"), Konya, Manisa.
Seyyid Yahya wrote philosophical treatises “Sharh-i Gyulshani-raz” (“Comments on the flower garden of secrets”), “Asrar at-Talibin” (“Secrets of the seekers of truth”) “Symbolism of signs”, “Comments on the Samanids dynasty”, “Secrets of spirits” ”And others, imbued with religious-mystical ideas, which are valuable sources in the study of philosophy, astronomy and mathematics.
In the complex of the Shirvanshahs Palace is the mausoleum of Seyid Yahya Bakuvi , built in the second half of the XV century  . There is also the burial vault of a scientist  .
In 2013, the 550th anniversary of the death of Bakuvi was celebrated within UNESCO   .
- Bakuvi. - Azerbaijan Soviet Encyclopedia , 1974. - T. I. - S. 576.
- Walled City of Baku with the Shirvanshah's Palace and Maiden Tower . The official site of UNESCO . (2000). Archived March 22, 2012.
- Celebration of anniversaries in 2013. Azerbaijan. 550th anniversary of the death of Seyid Yahya Bakuvi (Shirvani), philosopher and poet (ca. 1390s-1463).
- Ashurbeyli S. B. History of the city of Baku. The period of the Middle Ages. - B .: Azerneshr, 1992 .-- S. 175 .-- 408 p. - ISBN 5-552-00479-5 .
- Art of Azerbaijan . - 1956.- 334 p.
- World Poetry Day. Anniversary Celebration.
Seyid Yahya Bakuvi (Azerbaijan)
550th anniversary of the death of the Azerbaijani philosopher and poet Seyid Yahya Bakuvi (Shirvani) (90s of XIV century - 1463)
- John J. Curry. "The Transformation of Muslim Mystical Thought in the Ottoman Empire: The Rise of the Halveti Order, 1350-1650." Edinburgh University Press, 2010. ISBN 0748639233 , 9780748639236
- Bakuvi - in the Philosophical Encyclopedia