Globus is an international chain of grocery hypermarkets , whose stores are represented in Germany , the Czech Republic and Russia . In Russia, he works under the trademark Globus.
|Chain of hypermarkets "Globus"|
|Type of||Private company|
|Location||Germany , Czech Republic , Russia|
|Turnover||▲ 7.52 billion € ( 2017 )|
|Number of employees||46 thousand people|
In 1828, entrepreneur Franz Bruch (1801–1865) opened his first grocery store in the German town of St. Wendel , promising customers “the most reliable and high-quality service”. In 1905, the store began to deliver wholesale quantities of foodstuffs to stores in nearby villages, and from 1911, it began to use a car for this purpose. In 1945, the great-grandchildren of Franz Bruch - Walter and Franz-Josef - opened the first self-service stores in Germany, which since 1966 are called “Globus”   .
The company's first hypermarket in Russia was opened in 2006 in Shchelkovo. Today the Globus retail chain includes 15 hypermarkets located in the Central Federal District. The number of Globus employees exceeds 11,000 people. 
At present, the Globus hypermarket chain is represented in three European countries  :
- Germany - 47 hypermarkets;
- Czech Republic (the first hypermarket opened in 1996 ) - 15 hypermarkets;
- Russia (the first hypermarket opened in 2006 ) - 15 hypermarkets.
In addition, the Globus group includes specialized hypermarkets  :
- Globus Baumarkt ( building materials ) - 79 stores in Germany, the Czech Republic and Luxembourg ;
- Alpha-Tecc ( consumer electronics ) - 9 stores in Germany.
The assortment of each hypermarket "Globus" has more than 45,000 products, including about 1,500 product names of its own brands: Globus, Globus Vita, Romashkin Meadow, and Your Choice. Suppliers of the network - more than 1900 foreign and Russian companies, including manufacturers from the regions of presence of Globus.
The daily attendance of one Globus hypermarket is from 15,000 to 30,000 people, most of whom are regular customers. Globus offers its customers ample parking, its own self-service restaurant, children's playroom, shops and service companies in the hypermarket mall. 
Department "Eco. Bio Vegan "in" Globus Kotelniki "
The peculiarity of Globus hypermarkets is the departments of their own full-cycle production: a meat workshop, a fish line, cooking, a bakery, sushi and rolls, a pastry shop.
Self Scanning System
In 2016, the Globe network launched a self-scanning system for Scan & Go products. For the first time in Russia, buyers were able to make their purchases without the participation of a cashier, scanning goods directly on the trading floor. [five]
Currently, the system is represented in Globus hypermarkets in Balashikha, Odintsovo, Kotelniki, Krasnogorsk, Klimovsk and Pushkino.
In November 2017, online sales began at Globus. Buyers of the online store can use the pickup service - select products on the site and get an order in a hypermarket on Novorizhskoye highway, and also make an order with delivery to the Strogino district The minimum order amount is 500 rubles.
Today, the range of the online store has more than 35,000 articles of food and non-food products. Among them - always fresh products of own production departments.
The development strategy of the trading network provides for the further opening of the new Globus hypermarkets in the Central Federal District. At the same time, the plans include not only the development of full-size hypermarkets with a sales area of 10-12 thousand m², but also hypermarkets with a sales area reduced to 5 thousand m² and located, among other things, in leased premises (historically, the company opened its hypermarkets in Russia). on land owned by her)  .
Development in the Moscow Region
In September 2011, at a meeting of the Government of the Moscow Region, a decree was approved “On the implementation of an investment project for the construction of a hypermarket chain in the Moscow Region”. The project provided for the construction on the territory of the Moscow region in the period from 2011 to 2017, ten Globus hypermarkets. They should be located in the cities of Korolev , Zhukovsky , Elektrostal , Domodedovo , as well as in the Krasnogorsk , Leninsky , Noginsky , Dmitrovsky , Ramensky and Odintsovsky districts of the Moscow region. It is estimated that the total investment of the company in the project should have exceeded $ 1 billion   . Nevertheless, by 2017, the trading network managed to open only a part of the previously planned hypermarkets: in Korolev, Elektrostal, Krasnogorsk and Odintsovo districts.
In 2018, it is planned to open a hypermarket in Balashikha near Moscow  . In the spring of 2017, the company became the first anchor tenant in the Salaris shopping and entertainment center, part of the Salarievo TPU. The opening of the first hypermarket in Russia, located on rented premises, is scheduled for spring 2019   . In the fall of 2018, the company also bought out storage facilities on Polyarnaya Street in Moscow (Medvedkovo) for redevelopment under the hypermarket chain  .
Development in other regions
As of 2018, the trading network is represented in several regions adjacent to the Moscow region, including Vladimir, Yaroslavl, Tula, Tver, Ryazan.
In early 2008, the company put forward an investment project for the construction of a hypermarket in Smolensk worth 1.5 billion rubles  on a land plot adjacent to the 1100th anniversary of Smolensk Park from the street of September 25. Having received approval from the city administration, Globus undertook to reconstruct the city park with its own funds. Within three months, more than 1.4 million euros were invested in the renovation  . It was assumed that construction will begin in January 2009 and be completed within 9-10 months. However, the construction was complicated by the presence on the site of the Kolos-2 market, as well as other difficulties  . In the fall of 2012, Globus abandoned construction; on the site of the hypermarket, the Maxi Development company built the Maxi shopping and entertainment center  .
Currently, the network is implementing an investment project in Kaluga: it is planned to open a hypermarket network in the Right-Bank part of the city, on Tula Highway. The opening of the hypermarket is scheduled for autumn 2019.
Globus became the winner of the LIVE ORGANIC AWARDS 2018 Award in the category “Best" useful shelf "in classic retail." 
The network of hypermarkets "Globus" was included in the annual rating of the information agency RBC - "the 500 largest companies in Russia by revenue". 
- History . Hypermarket "Globus"
- Globus hypermarket chain: who we are and what we eat . "Pushkino today" (July 1, 2015)
- Profile | Hypermarket "Globus" . www.globus.ru. The appeal date is November 12, 2018.
- Company Profile . Hypermarket "Globus"
- Globus launched a self-scanning system for Scan & Go products | Hypermarket "Globus" . www.globus.ru. The appeal date is November 12, 2018.
- Globus is shrinking in the square . Kommersant.ru. The appeal date is November 22, 2018.
- Results of the meeting of the Government of the Moscow Region on September 13, 2011. In ten municipalities of the region, hypermarkets will be built . Government of the Moscow region. The appeal date is December 23, 2011. Archived December 23, 2011.
- Ten food hypermarkets will be built in the Moscow region . RIA News. The appeal date is December 23, 2011. Archived December 23, 2011.
- Globus to build a hypermarket in Balashikha near Moscow | Hypermarket "Globus" . www.globus.ru. The appeal date is November 12, 2018.
- Глоб "Globus" will be wrapped in Moscow . Kommersant.ru. The appeal date is November 22, 2018.
- Salaris SEC (310,000 sq. M.) Will open in March 2019 . Molly.Ru. The appeal date is November 22, 2018.
- Globus does not spare money for Moscow . Kommersant.ru. The appeal date is November 22, 2018.
- Globus hypermarket will be built in the winter . Komsomolskaya Pravda (October 15, 2008). The appeal date is December 23, 2011. Archived December 23, 2011.
- Construction of the Globus hypermarket in Smolensk will begin in January 2009 . Interfax (November 7, 2008). Released on December 23, 2011. (not available link)
- Smolensk entrepreneurs complain to the President . Komsomolskaya Pravda (October 24, 2008). The appeal date is December 23, 2011. Archived December 23, 2011.
- Instead of “Globus”, a shopping center “Maxi” will appear in Smolensk.
- "Globus" became the winner of the LIVE ORGANIC AWARDS 2018 Award in the category "Best" useful shelf "in the classic retail" | Hypermarket "Globus" . www.globus.ru. The appeal date is November 13, 2018.
- Globus in the ranking of the 500 largest in terms of revenues of Russian companies RBC 500 | Hypermarket "Globus" . www.globus.ru. The appeal date is November 13, 2018.