Scalea ( Italian: Scalea ) - a commune in Italy , located in the region of Calabria , in the province of Cosenza .
|History and Geography|
|Center height||25 m|
|Timezone||UTC + 1 , in summer UTC + 2|
|Population||10,429 people ( 2008 )|
|Density||473 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+39 0985|
|Mayor of the commune||Pasquale Basile (indipendente) dal 2010|
The population is 10,429 people (2008), the population density is 473 people / km². It covers an area of 22 km². Zip code is 87029. Phone code is 0985.
The patroness of the village is considered to be the holy Beata Vergine Maria del Monte Carmelo.
- Palazzo dei Principi ( 13th century )
- Palazzetto Normanno ( XII century )
- Church of San Nicola in Plateis ( VIII century , subsequently restored)
- Torre Talao Tower, a tower built in the 16th century as part of a system of 337 towers that stand guard against pirate attacks.
Since 2007, the city of Scalea has become popular with Russians as a place to buy real estate for recreation.     .
- - “By the end of 2011, more than 1,000 Russian citizens owning real estate in Scalea had accumulated, which is 10% of the resident population of the city ...” - Ekonomіchna Pravda newspaper
- “Scalea - the Russian“ Mecca in Italy ”- interview with Giuseppe Mingrone - Newspaper“ Il Quotidiano ”
- - “The largest Italian television channel Rai-1 reports a boom in buying real estate among Russians for holidays in Italy. The TG-1 program with an episode about Russian summer residents in Italy aired on prime time on August 8, 2015 at 20:00 and had an audience of 9 million viewers. ”
- - “Russian oligarchs flee Nice” - interview with Vlad Hilton - Channel One Business