The Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences was organized among the first 10 institutes of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences in 1957 . Located in the Novosibirsk Academgorodok  .
|Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Research Center Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences"|
( ICG SB RAS )
|International title||Institute of Cytology and the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences|
|Director||member-correspondent RAS Kochetov A.V.|
|Graduate School||Full-time and extramural in the following specialties: 03.01.09, 03.02.07, 03.01.03, 03.03.04, 03.03.01, 03.01.04|
|Location||Russia , Novosibirsk Akademgorodok|
|Legal address||630090, Novosibirsk , pr-t Acad. Lavrentyeva, 10|
The main objectives of the work of the Federal Research Center Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the SB RAS:
- obtaining new fundamental knowledge in the field of molecular genetics and cell biology, and the development on this basis of breakthrough genetic technologies for the agro-industrial complex, medicine and biotechnology;
- Carrying out full cycles of research from the generation of fundamental knowledge to applied developments in these areas.
The priority projects of the FIC Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the SB RAS:
- Molecular genetics, cell biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology;
- Human and animal genetics;
- Genetic platform for solving problems of plant breeding: basic research and applied development.
ICG was organized in 1957 as the first genetic institute, newly created in the system of the USSR Academy of Sciences. The organizing director and the first director of the ICG until the autumn of 1959 was academician N.P. Dubinin. The Institute was formed as a multidisciplinary scientific institution for solving fundamental and applied problems in the field of genetics, cytology, molecular biology and selection. From 1959 to 1985 (Director - Academician DK Belyaev) the spectrum of research at the Institute was significantly expanded due to new directions - chromosomal and genetic engineering, physiological genetics, mathematical biology, and others. From 1985 to 2007. (Director - Academician V.K. Shumny) the integration of the methods of classical genetics with molecular, cellular, ontogenetic and population approaches became the most important direction of the development of the Institute. Since 2007 (Director - Academician NA Kolchanov), an integrated approach to the study of the genetic bases of the organization and functioning of living systems based on interdisciplinary research and the integration of experimental and bioinformatics methods is of key importance. The Institute owns the leading positions in a number of the most promising areas of genetics, breeding, cell and molecular biology, evolutionary and physiological genetics, system biology, biotechnology, and biomedicine.
On December 31, 2014, the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations (FANO of Russia) issued an order establishing the first Federal Research Center (FIC) in the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences . The Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, to which the Siberian Research Institute of Plant Cultivation and Breeding of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences is affiliated, became such a FIC.
Academician Nikolai Aleksandrovich Kolchanov became the director-organizer of the FIC. April 28, 2015 FIC was officially registered.
On May 15, 2017, the Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences included two branches formed on the basis of the institutes of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences : the Institute of Clinical and Experimental Lymphology , a branch of the Institute of Cytology and Genetics, and the Institute of Therapy and Preventive Medicine, a branch of the Institute of Cytology and Genetics. In 2017, the FITS position was introduced as a research supervisor, and N. A. Kolchanov became the first FITS supervisor.
- director, organizer, academician N. P. Dubinin (1957-1959)
- Academician DK Belyaev (1959-1985)
- Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences V.K. Shumny (1986–2007)
- Director, FITS Organizer Academician of RAS N. A. Kolchanov (2007-2017)
- Acting Director S.V. Lavryushev (2017-2018)
- Corr. RAS A.V. Kochetov (since 2018)
The institution has more than 1 thousand 500 employees, more than 500 scientific workers. FIZ has large community centers. One of them, the Center for Genetic Resources of Laboratory Animals of the Institute of Cytology and Genetics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, has the federal status of a unique scientific facility ; the second, the Center for the collective use of microscopic analysis of biological objects of the SB RAS, has the status of a center for collective use of the SB RAS.
The FIC infrastructure is located in five municipalities of the Novosibirsk Region . The total amount of agricultural land under the management of the FITS exceeds 30 thousand hectares.
The FIC has a powerful research and educational complex, including postgraduate study, residency, basic departments of Novosibirsk State University , Novosibirsk Medical University and Novosibirsk Agrarian University , as well as the Laboratory of Environmental Education . The creation of a master's program at the FIC will ensure a continuous cycle of training highly qualified scientific personnel, performing basic research and applied research, and full-cycle projects.
The basic idea of the development of the Institute is the integration of molecular, cellular, ontogenetic and population studies for understanding the genetic mechanisms of variability and evolution . Special attention is paid to the creation of genetic models for both plants and animals to study the genetic structure of complex functional characteristics - behavior , stress-response, reproduction systems, hereditary pathologies in animals and humans, symbiotic nitrogen fixation in plants and many other features.
The Federal Research Center publishes 3 scientific journals.
- Vavilovsky Journal of Geneticists and Breeders , formed in 1997 and was originally called "Information Bulletin of VOGiS" and was the official publication of VOGiS
- Atherosclerosis Journal , the journal is being published on the basis of NIITPM - a branch of the CIG SB RAS and the publishing house of the SB RAS
- The Siberian Scientific Medical Journal , previously published by the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, but in 2017 the Siberian Medical Sciences, as a legal entity, became part of the ICGS SB RAS.
- Kochetov, Alexey Vladimirovich - Director, Corr. RAS, Doctor of Biology
- Kolchanov, Nikolay Aleksandrovich - scientific director of the institute, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, b. n
- Shumny, Vladimir Konstantinovich - Advisor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, b. n
- Ivanova, Lyudmila Nikolaevna - Head of the Laboratory of Physiological Genetics, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, b. n
- Dygalo, Nikolay Nikolayevich - Head of the Laboratory of Functional Neurogenomics, Corr. RAS, Doctor of Biology
- Truth, Lyudmila Nikolaevna - Head of the Laboratory of Evolutionary Genetics, b. n., professor.
- Semeshin Valery Fedorovich - b. n
- Belyaev, Dmitry Konstantinovich
- Vorontsov, Nikolai Nikolaevich
- Dubinin, Nikolai Petrovich
- Korochkin, Leonid Ivanovich
- Zakiyan Suren Minasovich
Monuments near the institute
- Monument laboratory mouse , opened in 2013
- Monument home fox. In honor of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Academician DK Belyaev, in August 2017, a monument was opened next to the ICIG SB RAS , on which a tamed fox gives the scientist a paw and wags its tail. Konstantin Zinich, a sculptor (Krasnoyarsk): “The philosophy of touching a chanterelle and a person is rapprochement, kindness, there is no aggression on the part of the chanterelle - she was wild, and he made her genetically home.” 
- The Victory Garden  , opened on May 9, 2016, at its beginning was set a memorial stone in honor of World War II veterans and Institute staff.
- NIIKEL - Branch of ICG SB RAS
- Home foxes .
- Novosibirsk. Encyclopedia / GL.red. Lamin V. A. - Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk book publishing house, 2003. - p. 381. - 1071 p. - ISBN 5-7620-0968-8 .
- In Novosibirsk, opened a monument to the scientist with a good fox
- We remember, we are proud | ACADEMGORODOK Unsolved . academcity.org. The appeal date is February 21, 2019.
- The official website of the Institute
- SibNIIRS - Branch of ICG SB RAS
- NIIKEL - Branch of ICG SB RAS
- NIITPM - Branch of ICG SB RAS
- SPF Animal House ICG SB RAS
- Laboratory of Ecological Education ICG SB RAS
- Vavilovsky Journal of Genetics and Breeders
- Journal of Atherosclerosis
- Siberian Scientific Medical Journal
- Accounting system of scientific activity of the ICG SB RAS (ASSA)
- Museum of the History of Genetics in Siberia
- The site dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Belyaev D.K.