The St. Petersburg Trolleybus Plant is a plant in St. Petersburg , mainly engaged in the repair of rolling stock used in St. Petersburg and the manufacture of service vehicles and special equipment.
|Petersburg Trolleybus Plant|
|Year of foundation||1948|
|Location|| Russia |
The trolleybus plant took its beginning in one of the workshops of the car repair plant. In the middle of the 20th century , a trolleybus section was organized for the repair of trolleybuses at VARZ , which existed until the move of VARZA to a new building in 1940 . All repair plants began to be carried out in the trolleybus park, where an additional machine repair shop was built.
On May 1, 1948, a trolleybus plant was opened on the territory of the Avtozapchast plant. On May 15, 1948, the first ten YATB trolleybuses arrived for repairs.
Up until 1960, the reconstruction of the plant continued, which was opened almost before the end of construction. The case of the foundry, the painting area and the warehouse were connected to the production cycle. The organization organized the production of freight trolley cars , aerial platforms for contact repairmen, trolley trailers, as well as specific products such as drums for washing machines, cleaning equipment for turnouts, conductor bags, and later cash desks and composters for non-conductor services.