Rabocheystroevsk is a village within the Kemsky region of the Republic of Karelia ( Russia ). The administrative center of the Rabocheostrovsky rural settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Republic of Karelia|
|Chapter||Belyakov, Valery Mikhailovich|
|History and Geography|
|Former names||Popov Island|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||↘ 2000  people ( 2013 )|
|Telephone code||+7 8145856|
Located 12 km north-east of the city of Kem on the White Sea coast .
It arose in 1888 due to the founding of a sawmill  by the Arkhangelsk merchants Surkov and Shergold and was called Popov Ostrov  . The place was not chosen by chance - the bay near Popov Island is very convenient for calling ships that can sail directly to the shore. It was assumed that people would come here only for seasonal work, but the workers remained, a village was gradually formed  .
In 1914, a foot stock was installed in the village for monitoring sea level; in 1916, the Kem-Port hydrometeorological station was organized.
In 1918-1924, Red Island was augmented, in 1924-1929 - the October Revolution Island , from 1929 - the modern name.
In 1923, in the village on the island of Popov, the Kemsky Forwarding and Distribution Point was opened for prisoners sent to the Solovetsky Special Purpose Camp  . The buildings of the punishment cell and the camp cemetery have been preserved.
During the Soviet-Finnish War (1941-1944) , the equipment of the Medvezhyegorsk Woodworking Plant was evacuated to the village. Skis were made for the army, butts and boxes for shells.
In 1933 - 1991, Rabocheostrovsk had the status of an urban-type settlement.
The village has a secondary school, an orphanage, an outpatient clinic, a culture house. In the village there is a courtyard of the Solovetsky Monastery , tourists and pilgrims follow the port of the village to the Solovetsky Islands . There is a church of the Trinity Life-Giving  and the chapel of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker  .
In October-December 2005, the film " Island " was shot in Rabocheostrovsk, for which the scenery was built  .
To the east of the village is the Kuzova state landscape reserve, a specially protected natural area .
|1939 ||1959 ||1970 ||1979 ||1989 ||2009 ||2010 |
|4120||↘ 3596||↗ 3618||↘ 3414||↘ 3088||↘ 2449||↘ 2093|
- Street 1 Five Year Plan
- Station Street
- Railway Street
- Factory street
- Kedroruchevaya street
- Komsomolskaya street
- Korgoruchevskaya street
- Forest street
- Youth street
- Embankment street
- New street
- Oktyabrskaya street
- October Lane
- Pioneer street
- Pomeranian street
- Port Street
- Proletarian street
- Brook Street
- North street
- Soviet street
- Builders Street
- Yubileinaya street
- Jubilee Lane
- South street
- Population by rural settlements of the Republic of Karelia as of January 1, 2013 . Date of treatment January 3, 2015. Archived January 3, 2015.
- Rabocheostrovsk // Great Soviet Encyclopedia : [in 30 vol.] / Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov . - 3rd ed. - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969-1978.
- Rabocheostostrovsk / urban center Karelia Arose as a settlement at a sawmill built in 1
- The film "Island": starring Rabocheostrovsk | Travel Magazine in Russia | Country.Ru
- Karelia. Rest in Karelia | Municipalities of Karelia
- Church of the Trinity
- Chapel of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
- 1939 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the USSR by urban settlements and intracity areas . Date of treatment November 30, 2013. Archived November 30, 2013.
- 1959 All-Union Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1979 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. The urban population . Archived on August 22, 2011.
- Recommended regulatory network and library service forms indicating the population as of January 1, 2009 according to Kareliastat . Date of treatment April 19, 2015. Archived on April 19, 2015.
- 2010 All-Russian Population Census. Rural settlements of the Republic of Karelia
- Zvyagin Yu. On the edge of the White Sea. - Petrozavodsk, 1981
- Barkina V. Work Island // "Lenin Truth" . 1983. No 135
- Karelia: encyclopedia: in 3 tons / hl. ed. A.F. Titov. T. 3: P - Ya. - Petrozavodsk: Publishing House PetroPress, 2011. - 384 pp., Ill., Maps. - S. 5 ISBN 978-5-8430-0127-8 (t. 3)