Nuclear cytoplasmic ratio (NLC) - the ratio between the areas of the cytoplasm and the nucleus of a living cell , an important morphological characteristic that allows you to assess the level of metabolism, to identify the manifestation of compensatory reactions.
Formula for the Definition of NAC
- NAC = S i / S c
- S i - the area of the cell nucleus ;
- S c - the area of the cytoplasm .
Application of NAC
Changes in the size of nuclei and nuclear-cytoplasmic relations can serve as an indicator of inflammatory processes, some forms of cancer.
An increase in NLC was used in the early morphological diagnosis of foot mycosis  .
- Z. M. Abidova, Z. G. Tukhvatullina COMPARATIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF MORPHOMETRIC RESEARCH IN STOP MYCOSIS. Mycology, No. 3, 2004, p. 46-48
- Vorobyov V. And The Structure of the Deoxyribonucleoprotein // "Cellular Metabolism and Nuclear-Cytoplasmic Relations". Abstract. Kiev. - 1970. - S.124-125
- Gruzova M. N Extrachromosomal nuclear DNA in oogenesis // Cell nucleus metabolism and nuclear-cytoplasmic relationships. Tez. report Kiev. - 1970. - S.229-230