Sasha Guitry ( French Sacha Guitry , real name Alexander Georges Pierre Guitry, French Alexandre Georges-Pierre Guitry , February 21, 1885 , St. Petersburg - July 24, 1957 , Paris ) - French writer, actor, director and producer. A prolific playwright, he wrote more than a hundred plays and made films on some of them.
Leon Gar. Portrait of Sasha Guitry
|Birth name||Alexander Georges Pierre Guitry|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1885|
|Place of Birth||Saint Petersburg |
|Date of death||July 24, 1957 (72 years old)|
|Place of death||Paris|
|Citizenship|| Russian empire |
[d] ( May 16, 1940 )
Born in the family of Lucien Guitry , the famous actor of the Mikhailovsky Theater in St. Petersburg. The godfather was Emperor Alexander III ; in memory of this, Sasha Guitry used the Russian diminutive form of his name in a pseudonym.
Gitri did not study well at school, which was associated with the constant movements of his father, but from an early age he began to play in the theater and write plays. Sometimes it took days to create the next play.
Despite the fact that the first film was made by Guitar back in 1915 , he has been seriously engaged in cinema since 1935 , seeing the advantages of cinema, which preserves the image “forever”, in front of the theater.
During these years, Guitry was proposed for election to the French Academy. Guitry refuses this, because a prerequisite is the rejection of acting. In 1939 he became a member of the Goncourt Academy .
During the German occupation, Guitry did not leave Paris. For four years he continued theatrical activities during the occupation. “Since we cannot expose the Germans, it’s better to host them,” said Guitry, and immediately received permission from the German authorities to open a theater. Goering personally liked Göring, and with German officers drank champagne in the fashionable Parisian Maxim restaurant. This caused outrage from the resistance fighters. After the liberation of France, Guitry was arrested and held in custody for 60 days without charge, but he was not punished and the case was closed.
Guitar plays in the 1920s were staged in the USSR.
Guitry died July 24, 1957 . He was buried in the cemetery of Montmartre .
In 2007, French filmmakers made the feature film “L'affaire Sacha Guitry” / “The Case of Sasha Guitry”. Director - Fabrice Cazeneuve (Fabrice Kazenev).
Sasha Guitri is the author of 115 plays and 29 film scripts. In his work, Guitry glorified the " true Gallic lover ." Among his films are Pearls in the Crown (Les Perles de la couronne) and Roman Deceiver (Le Roman d'un tricheur).
In 1948, Sasha Guitri directed the movie "Le Comédien" about his father, Lucien Guitry, in which he played two roles: father and himself.
A critical reappraisal of the director’s work was caused by the re-release of Guitry films  . In 2011, the Paris auction house Drouot-Richelieu held an auction of Guitry's personal items, including more than eight hundred manuscripts, drawings, paintings and photographs. This has become the largest collection of materials relating to Guitar since the death of the playwright.
- 1915 - Our / Ceux de chez nous (documentary)
- 1919 - Husband, Wife, and Lover / Le mari, la femme et l'amant
- 1935 - Good luck! / Bonne chance!
- 1935 - Pasteur
- 1936 - New Testament / Le nouveau testament
- 1936 - The Roman deceiver / Le Roman d'un tricheur
- 1936 - My father was right / Mon père avait raison
- 1936 - Dream ... / Faisons un rêve ...
- 1937 - The Word of Cambronn / Le Mot de Cambronne
- 1937 - Desiree / Désiré
- 1937 - Pearls of the Crown / Les Perles de la Couronne
- 1937 - Quadrille
- 1938 - Walk through the Champs Elysees / Remontons les Champs-Élysées
- 1939 - There Were Nine Bachelors / Ils étaient neuf célibataires
- 1941 - The amazing fate of Desiree Clary / Le Destin fabuleux de Désirée Clary
- 1943 - From Jeanne d'Arc to Philippe Pétain / De Jeanne d'Arc à Philippe Pétain
- 1943 - Give Me Your Eyes / Donne-moi tes yeux
- 1947 - Actor, Comedian / Le Comédien
- 1948 - Lame Demon / Le Diable boiteux
- 1949 - Two Doves / Aux deux colombes
- 1951 - Poison / La Poison
- 1952 - I was three times / Je l'ai été trois fois - Jacques Renneval
- 1953 - The Life of a Decent Man / La Vie d'un honnête homme
- 1954 - Secrets of Versailles (If Versailles would tell about himself) / Si Versailles m'etait conte
- 1955 - Napoleon / Napoleon - Talleyrand
- 1956 - If we were told about Paris / Si Paris nous était conté ... - King Louis XI
- 1957 - Assassins et voleurs
- 1957 - Three - a couple / Les Trois font la paire
- Sasha Guitry . "Memoirs of a cheater" and more / Translation from French, compilation and introduction by O. V. Zakharova. - M .: Art , 1999 .-- 494 p. - ISBN 5-210-01402-9.
- Efimova S. I. “The Parisian spirit” Sasha Guitry: “Enfant gâté”, “philosophy of pleasure”, or the boulevard of the art square in St. Petersburg (1910-1917) // Theater. Painting. Movie. Music. - 2015. - No. 2. - P. 23-40.
- Nekrasova M. Lucien and Sasha Guitry: An Equal Sign // Caravan of Stories. 2004. - N 4. - S. 66-89. - ISSN 1560-4233.
- Sasha Guitry on the Internet Movie Database
- Denisov I. Sasha Guitri: frivolity is the first step to wisdom (to the 125th anniversary of the director, actor and playwright). Review article at Cinematheque .