The Re-Invention World Tour is the sixth international tour of American singer Madonna , held in 2004 in support of her American Life album.
|Re-Invention World Tour|
|Madonna World Tour|
|To album||American life|
|start date||May 24, 2004|
|End date||September 14, 2004|
|Total revenue||$ 125 million|
|Timeline of Madonna's Tours|
During rehearsals of the tour, they rehearsed "I'm So Stupid" from the album "American Life", " Dress You Up " (1985) and " Material Girl " (1985). But "Dress You Up" and "I'm So Stupid" were excluded.  Other planned songs from the original list were "Love Profusion" Headcleaner Mix (2004), "Swim" from " Ray of Light " (1998), " Live to Tell " (1986) and " Take a Bow " (1994) . “Nobody Knows Me” was originally rehearsed at the Peter Rauhofer's Perfect Private Life Mix. The opening song was “ Vogue ” (1990) for a long time, but later Madonna decided to use “The Beast Within.”  Holiday decided to end the concert. (1983), and not “ Die Another Day ” (2002), and also added John Lennon’s song “ Imagine ” (1971) to the set list. “ Don't Tell Me ” (2001) rehearsed in two versions - with a French melody for American shows and shows in Paris, and with the melody “Bitter Sweet Symphony” for the rest of the shows.  Also rehearsed two new tracks - “Devil Wouldn't Recognize You”, written by Madonna and Joe Henry, and “I Love New York ". Pos ednyaya was included as a bonus track on the live record-Invention Tour Re the CD I of'm Going the to Tell You a Secret (2005) and reworked as a dance track for its tenth studio album, Confessions on a of Dance Floor (2005), while as the first track was included in her eleventh studio album Hard Candy (2008). " Ray of Light " was also rehearsing in the early stages, but Madonna later decided to exclude it, since playing a song at the beginning of the show would damage her voice in advance.  Finally, twenty-four songs from thirty rehearsed hit the official set list for the show.
Costumes for the show were invented by Arianne Phillips, and made by Christian Lacroix , Jean-Paul Gaultier , Stella McCartney , Miu Miu and Chanel .
In the image of the French Renaissance / Marie Antoinette:
- The beast within
- Nobody Knows Me
In the image of the Army / Military:
- American life
- Express Yourself
- Burning up
- Material girl
In the image of Circus / Cabaret:
- Hollywood (Interlude Video)
- Hanky panky
- Deeper and deeper
- Die another day
In the image of a Circus / Cabaret in an electric chair :
In a religious image:
- Bedtime Story (Interlude Video)
- Nothing fails
- Don't tell me
- Like a Prayer
- Mother and father
In the image of the tribes / Scots:
- Into the groove
- Papa Don't Preach (with elements of American Life )
- Crazy for you
- The original working title of this tour was “Babylonian Whore World Tour”. Some believe that the record company of Madonna asked her to change the name of the tour, considering this too scandalous to use. Therefore, the name “Re-Invention World Tour” was born.
- Former backing vocalist Nicky Harris, who has been working with Madonna since the 1987 Who's That Girl World Tour , has been replaced by Sida Garrett. She has already worked with Madonna as a backing vocalist on True Blue (1986). Sida became known for a duet with Michael Jackson in his song “I Just Can't Stop Loving You” (album “Bad”). She also wrote one of Michael Jackson’s hits, “Man In TheMirror,” and participated as a backing vocalist on his Dangerous World tour (1992-1993).
- The tour was recognized as the most successful world tour of 2004, raising revenue of $ 124.5 million. During the tour, Madonna visited 7 countries, 20 cities, played 56 shows, bringing together about 880,000 fans. Madonna: “In the creative sense, it was my most successful experience so far. Music, films, dances - everything that I love, I managed to combine in one program. "
- During concerts, Madonna often appeared in T-shirts from the series “... do it better” (For example, “The Italians do it better”, “The British do it better”). Also at concerts in the US, she appeared in the Vote or Die T-shirt, dedicated to the upcoming US Presidential elections in November 2004.
- The logo of the tour is Giovanni Bianco. The logo was created based on the mystical teachings of Kabbalah . In particular, the logo is 13 circles. 13 is a lucky number in Kabbalah and has already been used by Madonna in her work since she began to get involved in mystical teachings in the late 90s.
- Timmerman, 2007 , p. thirty
- Cross, Mary (2007), Madonna: A Biography , Greenwood Publishing Group , ISBN 0313338116
- Fouz-Hernández, Santiago & Jarman-Ivens, Freya (2004), Madonna's Drowned Worlds , Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. , ISBN 0754633721
- Friskics-Warren, Bill (2006), I'll Take You There: Pop Music and the Urge for Transcendence , Continuum International Publishing Group , ISBN 0826419216
- Timmerman, Dirk (2007), Madonna Live! Secret Re-inventions and Confessions on Tour , Maklu, ISBN 9085950023