Yatta ( Arabic: يطّا , Hebrew יטה ) is a settlement in the Hebron province of the Palestinian Authority . Located about 8 km south of Hebron in the West Bank . South of Yatta, behind the dividing fence, is the Negev desert .
|A country||Palestinian National Authority|
|History and Geography|
|Population||48 672 people ( 2007 )|
The number of residents according to 2006 estimates is 42 853 people  .
Yatta is located on the border, between the fertile area adjacent to Hebron and the desert of the Hebron Mountains. The desert is suitable for agricultural work. Pastures are located here and barley is grown .
During the first and second intifad, the inhabitants of Yatta participated in terrorist attacks against the Israelis     .
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Hebron Governorate by Locality 2004-2006 (Link not available) . www.pcbs.gov.ps. Date of treatment January 16, 2019. Archived on September 20, 2008.
- Israeli Council of Jewish Settlements appealed to the government to “transfer” the residents of the Arab village of Yatta, 07/28/2002 . www.rian.ru. Date of treatment January 16, 2019.
- In the West Bank, a Palestinian shot and killed Israelis on January 23, 2003 . www.newsru.com . Date of treatment January 16, 2019.
- Israeli military destroyed the homes of Palestinian terrorists, 04-06-2003 (inaccessible link - history ) . www.gorskie.ru . Date of treatment January 16, 2019.
- Israel released about 200 Palestinian terrorists on August 25, 2008 . txt.newsru.co.il . Date of treatment January 16, 2019.