“Fearless” is an acute psychological drama shot by Australian director Peter Weir in 1993 based on the novel by Rafael Iglesias .
|Producer||Paula Weinstein |
|In the main|
|Jeff Bridges |
|Film company||Warner brothers |
Actress Rosie Perez ( en: Rosie Perez ) for her role in this film was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe as the best supporting actress.
The operator’s dispassionate gaze is aimed at the boot, the wreckage of the plane, and a modest bottle of champagne - the only thing left from the fallen Boeing. Architect Max Klein and Carla Rodrigo are among the few who survived the plane crash.
Three months after the crash, the psychologist who conducts group therapy for victims of disasters brings them together. The fanatical Catholic Karla got herself accused of the death of her son - in an unfortunate flight she lost a two-year-old child who flew with her and died - her mother did not restrain him at the time of the plane crash. And she is the only one who understands the feelings of Max.
And Max, who seriously argues that “an accident is the best episode in his life,” begins to rethink life, marriage and love, death, God, and the afterlife.
- Jeff Bridges - Max Klein
- Isabelle Rossellini - Laura Klein
- Rosie Perez - Carla Rodrigo
- Benicio del Toro - Manny Rodrigo
- John Turturro - Dr. Bill Perlman
- Tom Hulse - Brillstein
- Screenwriter: Rafael Iglesias
- Director: Peter Weir
- Paula Weinstein
- Mark Rosenberg
- Operator: Allen Davio
- Editor: William Anderson
- Composer: Maurice Jarre
- Artist: John Stoddart
- To get used to the image of the protagonist who survived the disaster, Jeff Bridges talked for a long time with his friend Gary Busey, shortly before filming the movie, who got into an accident on a motorcycle and spent several days in a coma.
- Weir, before filming, suffered from a fear of air travel.
- The film partially reproduces the events that happened in Iowa in 1989 with a United Airlines airline, flight 232, but unlike the film, in reality, the crash occurred with the DC-10, and not the Boeing.
- To remove the place where the plane crashed, it took $ 2 million and 85 acres of corn field, which was used for shooting for a week. For all this time, the highway in the neighborhood was closed.
Prizes and nominations
- 1994 - Berlin Film Festival - special mention for actress Rosie Perez
- 1994 - Boston Film Critics Association Award - Rosie Perez for supporting actress
- 1994 - Chicago Film Critics Association Award - Rosie Perez for supporting actress
- 1994 - Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award - Rosie Perez for supporting actress
- 1994 - Oscar - female supporting role Rosie Perez
- 1994 - Golden Globe - female supporting role in the feature film Rosie Perez
- Fearless on the Internet Movie Database