The Central Administrative Region ( port. Região Administrativa Central ) is a large metropolitan area in the state of São Paulo in Brazil . The population is 923,753 people for 2005 and 1,026,094 people for 2014  . It covers an area of 11.018 km². The population density is 83.84 people / km².
It includes the central municipalities of the state of São Paulo , the largest of which are the cities of São Carlos (238.958 people in 2014) and Araraquara (224.304 people in 2014)  .
The agglomeration includes all the municipalities of the Araraquara microregion and almost all the municipalities of the San Carlus microregion, as well as the western municipalities of the Pirazunung microregion and the southern municipalities of the Ribeiran-Preto and Jabotikabal microregions .
- Municipalities of the San Carlus microregion:
- Ribeiran Bonitu
- San carlus
- Municipalities of Araraquara microregion:
- America Brazilianci
- Boa Esperanza do Sul
- Gavian Peyshotu
- Nova Europa
- Santa lucia
- Municipality of the Pirasunung microregion:
- Porto Ferreira
- Municipality of the Ribeiru Preto microregion:
- Santa Rita do Pasa Cuatro
- Municipalities of the Jabotikabal microregion:
- Santa ernestina
- Fernando Prestis
- Candidou Rodriguez
- The gross domestic product for 2004 is 12.5 bilhões reais (data: Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics ).
- The gross domestic product per capita for 2004 is 13.553.78 reais (data: Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics ).
- The 2000 Human Development Index is 0.831 (data: UN Development Program ).