The east of the state of Maranhao ( port. Mesorregião do Leste Maranhense ) is the administrative-statistical mesoregion in Brazil . Included in the state of Maranhao . The population is 1,336,005 people for 2010 . It covers an area of 70 693,135 km². The population density is 18.90 people / km².
According to information collected during the 2010 census by the National Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), the population of the mesoregion is:
% of state population
- The gross domestic product for 2003 is 1,760,615,878.00 reais (data: Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics ).
- The gross domestic product per capita for 2003 is 1450.70 reais (data: Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics ).
- The 2000 Human Development Index is 0.577 (data: UN Development Program ).
Composition of the Mesoregion
The following microregions are included in the mesoregion:
- Chapadas do Altu Itapecocuru
- Quelho neto
- Baishu Parnaiba Maraniensi