"Only the Strongest" ( Eng. Only the Strong ) - a movie made in the USA, released in 1993.
|Only the strongest|
|Only the strong|
|Producer||Samuel Hadida |
|Louis Esteban |
|In the main|
|Mark Dacascos |
Paco Christian Prieto
|Film company||Twentieth century fox|
After serving in the army in Brazil , where he studied capoeira , Louis Stevens returns home to the United States . He decides to visit the school in which he once studied. Arriving at school, Louis was unpleasantly surprised by what he saw there: drug addiction flourishes among schoolchildren, they carry weapons with them, a complete lack of discipline.
In the schoolyard, Louis stands up for one of the students, whom his older brother forces to sell drugs. A fight ensues, during which all students cheer for Louis. Social studies teacher Kerrigan is astounded and invites Louis to start teaching capoeira at school. The school’s council is categorically against it, but Luis stands up for his first love and former classmate, and now Diana, the teacher of the same school.
Lessons are starting. At first, the students giggle, but then gradually become drawn into classes, even the most notorious hooligans. One of the inveterate hooligans - Orlando Oliveires - quits classes under the pressure of his brother - criminal authority Silverio Oliveires, who is also a master of capoeira. In the end, the Silverio gang smashes the school, riots and sets the school on fire. In this fire, a common friend of Luis and Orlando dies - the eleventh grader Donovan. Then Orlando begins to doubt which side he is on. Realizing that sitting and waiting for justice does not make sense, Louis decides to take matters into his own hands. Who will become the "master of the district", as well as the idol of youth, will be decided in the final fight between Luis and Silverio.
- Mark Dacascos - Louis Stevens
- Stacy Travis - Diana
- Jeffrey Lewis - Carrigan
- Paco Christian Prieto - Silverio
- Richard Coca - Orlando
- Ryan Ballman - Donovan
- Roman Carduel - Shay
- Christian Clemesh - Eddie
- Frank Dux - Welder
- Joselito "Amen" Santo, the capoeira instructor who taught her Mark himself, starred in the role of capoeira teacher for the character of Mark Dacascos. He was the director of fights using capoeira.
- Another battle director in this film is Frank Dux (the same one played by Van Damme in Bloody Sport ).
- Mark never bet on large muscles, as the mass enslaves the fighter, and he likes to be quick and easy on the screen. But the director Sheldon Lettich (the same one who “Van Damme truly glorified” with “ Double Strike ”) decided that since the main character of the film is a former special forces soldier, he needs a heavier and more muscular man. Therefore, it was for this film that Mark not only studied capoeira for several months, but also intensely engaged in bodybuilding , and having removed the film, he immediately lost weight - work began on the Double Dragon in 1994, where Mark played a teenager.
- “Only the Strong” on the Internet Movie Database