Volga Tram - a tram economy of the city of Volzhsky, Volgograd Region . The Volzhsky tram has been operating since 1963 . There are 8 routes. Volzhsky is the only city in the USSR where new Gotha T2-62 (B2-62) cars opened tram traffic. The system is operated by Municipal Unitary Enterprise “Volzhskaya Motor Convoy No. 1732”.
|opening date||December 30, 1963|
|Operator||Municipal Unitary Enterprise “Volzhskaya Motor Convoy No. 1732”|
|Number of routes||eight|
|Number of wagons||68 ▼|
|The main types of PS||71-605A , 71-619K , 71-619 CT, 71-611 , Tatra-T3|
|Track width||1524 mm|
The Volzhsky tram system consists of a ring line from which three branches depart - one deep into the industrial zone, the other two - on bridges across the Volgograd - Astrakhan railway to the residential part of Volzhsky. A distinctive feature is that most of the network is located in the industrial zone.
- 1 : St. Loginova - Khimvolokno
- 2 : Worker pos. - Orgsynthesis
- 2a : Worker pos. - Chemical fiber
- 3 : St. Loginova - Worker pos.
- 4 : St. Loginova - st. Karbysheva
- 4a : st. Loginova - Olomouc st.
- 7 : Olomouc st. - CHP-1
- 7k : st. Karbysheva - TPP-1 (peak, introduced after the closure of route No. 5)
- 5. St. Karbysheva - CHP-1
- 6 (commercial) Olomouc st. - Orgsynthesis
Network Configuration Changes
From 1966 to 1968, tram route No. 1 ran from Shlyuzova (now the end on Loginova St.) to the AIA. In 1968, a reversal ring was opened on Karbyshev Square. From there, the route No. 2 went to the AIA, which was in effect until 1972, when a modern branch was launched into the Rabochoy settlement. The turning ring on Karbyshev Square was dismantled.
In the 1980s and 1990s, the city began to be built up rapidly, most of the large factories were already operating at full capacity, and it became difficult for workers to get to enterprises in the industrial zone. Therefore, it was decided to build new tram lines. One of them is the now abandoned line to the central entrance GPZ-15 (now VPZ). The paths stretched from the tram triangle to the east at a distance of about 1 km. Now almost all the roads are dismantled. In 1991, a new route number 4 “st. Karbysheva - GET (tram depot) ”trams of this route had to turn around through the depot, which was very inconvenient. Later, it was decided to build a line from the trampark to the industrial site, making a kind of ring. Thanks to this, on April 1, 1993, it was possible to open a new route - No. 5, walking along the roundabout “ul. Karbysheva (19 m / r) - st. Aleksandrova - plant SV - CHPP-1 - GET - industrial site - ul. Karbysheva (19 m / r). ” And route No. 4 repeated route No. 5, but in the opposite direction. After some time, in order to optimize, route No. 4 began to follow the modern route “ul. Loginova - st. Karbysheva (19m / r) ”, and for the 5th route in 2002, the CHP-1 turning ring was built.
The fleet of cars is divided into almost two equal parts, Tatra T3 and 71-605 (71-605А). There are also 71-619 K, 71-619 KT wagons and unique 71-611 wagons. In Volzhsky the only tram depot.
The Volzhsky administration and the management of MUP AK 1732 are considering the possibility of developing tram transport by attracting an investor on the basis of a public-private partnership. It is planned to build a branch in the residential part of the city, bypassing the industrial zone, extending the line to new microdistricts and completely renewing the rolling stock.
- Official site of MUP Volzhskaya Avtokolonna 1732
- Photos of the Volzhsky tram on the site "Combined tram and trolleybus site"
- Route map
- Forum about Volzhsky trams
- Discussion of the Volga electric transport at the city forum