“The vast Sargasso Sea” ( English Wide Sargasso Sea ) - film adaptation of the novel “ Antoinette ” of the West Indian writer Gene Rice .
|The boundless Sargasso Sea|
|Wide sargasso sea|
|Producer||Ian Sharp |
|In the main|
|Karina Lombard |
|Film company||Laughing Kookaburra Productions |
|Budget||$ 1 610 792|
The film tells about the childhood, marriage and life of the first wife of Edward Rochester Berthe - the character of the Jane Eyre novel by Charlotte Bronte . The action takes place in Jamaica in the 1840s. against the backdrop of the Sargasso Sea . The film shows the erotic and love experiences of two couples .
Young Berta Antoinette Cosway-Mason is getting married in order to preserve her fortune for the Englishman Edward Rochester, who has just arrived in Jamaica. It seems that everything is fine and the young people fell in love, but before the wedding, the girl did not reveal to her named secret about childhood and her mother. Slowly but surely, this secret begins to destroy the relationship of the spouses and Berto Antoinette is facing the same fate as her mother ...
- Karina Lombard - Berta Antoinette Cosway-Mason
- Nathaniel Parker - Edward Rochester
- Rachel Ward - Annette Mason
- Michael York - Paul Mason
- Naomi Watts - Fanny Gray
- Martin Beswick - Aunt Cora
- Claudia Robinson - Christofina
- Hugh Christie Williams - Richard Mason
- Casey Byrne - Young Antoinette
- Rowena King - Amelia
- Ben Thomas - Daniel Cosway
- 1994: Karina Lombard - First American in the Arts Awards for her role as Berta Antoinette Cosway-Mason.