“Just Another Girl Taking Birth Control Pills” ( English Just Another Girl On The IRT ) - 1992 American movie . Director, screenwriter and producer in one person made Leslie Harris. To date, this work remains her only film.
|Just another girl taking birth control pills|
|Just Another Girl On The IRT|
|Producer||Leslie Harris |
|In the main|
|Erian Johnson, |
Chekita Jackson et al.
|Fees||$ 479,169  (in the USA)|
Chantelle Mitchell is a 17-year-old African American schoolgirl from Brooklyn . She is quite smart and open, although her sharp tongue, excessive self-conceit and some naivety sometimes harm her. She desperately wants to get out of her poor quarter, go to college and become a doctor.
Her family consists of parents, natives of the working class struggling with difficulties, and two younger brothers. Together with his mother, who works during the day, and her father, who works on night shifts and, therefore, sleeps all day, Chantelle takes care of his brothers, while going to school and working part time at a local deli.
Learning only “good” and “excellent” , she, nevertheless, seeks to complete school as soon as possible in order to quickly go to college, rather than upset her teachers. In addition to conflicts with the school administration, a romantic passion interferes with her dream Tyrone seems to be a wealthy guy.
- Erian Johnson - Chantel Mitchell
- Kevin Tigpen - Tyrone
- Ebony Jerido - Natit
- Chekita Jackson - Paula
- Gerard Washington - Gerard
- Tony Wilkes - Owen Mitchell
Awards and nominations
The list of awards is given in accordance with the data of IMDb  .
|1993||American Film Festival Deauville||Special Jury Prize||Leslie Harris||Nomination|
|Gotham awards||Best Director Debut||Leslie Harris||Victory|
|Sundance Film Festival||Special Jury Prize|
(for the debut drama film)
|Jury Grand Prize - Drama||Leslie Harris||Nomination|
|1994||Independent spirit||Best Actress||Erian Johnson||Nomination|
The abbreviation IRT in the name of the film stands for Interborough Rapid Transit Company . This designation refers to the Lexington Avenue line of the New York subway , located in the residence of the main character of the film.
- Just another girl taking birth control pills on the allmovie website
- “Just another girl taking birth control pills” on the Rotten Tomatoes website
- Hal Hinson. Review and criticism of the film . The Washington Post (April 2, 1993). Date of treatment November 27, 2010. Archived on August 28, 2011.
- Vincent Kenby . Review and criticism of the film . The New York Times (March 19, 1993). Date of treatment November 27, 2010.
- Review and criticism of the film . Variety Date of treatment November 27, 2010. Archived on August 28, 2011.