Tokyo International Film Festival is a film festival held annually in October. In 1985, it was held for the first time and approved by the International Federation of Film Producers' Associations (fr. Federation International des Associations de Producteurs de Films, FIAPF). The only officially approved film festival in Japan .
|Tokyo International Film Festival|
|Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF)|
|the date of the||since 1985|
|Location||Japan , Tokyo|
|The official website of the festival (English) (Japanese)|
Along with the competition program at the festival there are several main sections:
- "World Cinema"
- "Selected Works"
- "Spirit of Asia"
- “Japanese cinema. Your look.
In 2008, held from 18 to 26 October.
The festival’s regulations stipulate 6 awards in the program, a audience award and a number of awards in other programs. In addition, each winner of the official film festival competition receives a cash prize  .
List of main prizes  :
- The big prize "Sakura Tokyo" ($ 50,000) cash prize is equally divided between the producer and director
- The special prize of the jury ($ 20,000) money prize is equally divided between the producer and director
- Award to the best director ($ 5,000)
- Best Actress Award ($ 5,000)
- Award to the best actor ($ 5,000)
- Award for the best artistic contribution (image, sound, artist's work, music, script, etc.) ($ 5,000)
- Audience Award ($ 10,000)
Tokyo Sakura Prize Films
In the 1980s, the festival was held every two years. In 1995, the Grand Prix was not awarded, and in 1997 it was divided between two laureates, who received an equal number of votes of jury members. Three times the festival was won by films from France (besides, in 1997 one of the winners was a joint Franco-Bosnian film), Israel and China (once together with Hong Kong). Films of representatives of the organizing country were awarded the Tokyo Sakura twice, including in the first year of the festival. The USSR and the countries of the post-Soviet space are represented among the winners by the 2008 Kazakh film Tulip .
- Japan Cinema