ChS11 ( Ch Ekho S of Lovatskiy production, type 11 ) - narrow-gauge single-section four-axle DC electric locomotive . Developed by Škoda (factory type designation - 17E 9 )  ; produced by SMZ [k 1] in Dubnitsa nad Vahom in 1966 (the factory type designation is K2K1)   .
Škoda 17Е 9
|Country of construction||Czechoslovakia|
|Plants||Škoda (development), |
SMZ Dubnica nad Váhom (construction)
|Numbering||from 01 to 12|
|Type of service||passenger|
|Type of current and voltage in the contact network||constant 1,5 kV|
|Axial formula||2 0 −2 0|
|Full service weight||56 t|
|Locomotive Length||13,440 mm|
|Track width||900 mm|
|A country|| the USSR|
|Road||Borjomi - Bakuriani narrow gauge railway|
By the mid-1960s, the electrification of the railway network in the Georgian SSR was almost completely completed. In addition to the broad gauge, the Borjomi - Bakuriani Narrow Gauge Railway was electrified, with the choice of a voltage of 1.5 kV DC. Before electrification, the traction on this road was carried out by locomotives of the b series.
To introduce electric traction, the Soviet Union ordered the appropriate locomotives to Škoda . The Škoda type 17E industrial electric locomotive was taken as a basis as well adapted to driving trains in mountainous areas with sharp turns. The construction of twelve locomotives was entrusted to the SMZ plant, located in the city of Dubnica nad Vahom .
In the USSR, electric locomotives received the designation of a series of ChS11 with assignment of numbers from 01 to 12  .
Electric locomotives CS11 (K2K1) differ from the prototype of the Škoda 17E by the following features  :
- there are no devices for lateral current collection;
- the cab has two conventional pantographs;
- the cabin is much higher;
- High-voltage sockets are provided for the possibility of heating a passenger train.
The carriage is four-axle, with two non-jointed carts. Electric locomotives are equipped with pneumatic, electric and hand brakes  .
The main parameters of the locomotive:
- mains voltage - 1.5 kV DC;
- track - 900 mm;
- axial formula - 2 0 −2 0 ;
- overall dimensions :
- length at the ends of the couplings - 13,440 mm;
- height - 4 100 mm;
- width - 2 610 mm;
- weight - 56 tons;
- power - 500 kW;
- maximum speed - 45 km / h.
The electric locomotive CHS11-01 has undergone a small replacement of electrical equipment, after which it received the index CHS11M-01  .
The electric locomotive ChS11-05 has undergone a re-equipment for a wagon-type layout - roofs were installed above the hoods, side windows were installed between the roofs and the hood. However, the driver's cab remained in the middle of the locomotive, and was not transferred to the edges, so this modification created additional inconveniences for the machinists and did not become widespread.
As of 2018 , it is known that one locomotive has been written off (ChS11-11). Exact information about the fate of ChS11-03 and ChS11-07 was not found. Presumably on the Borjomi - Bakuriani line, at least eight ChS11 locomotives are in working condition (numbers 01, 02, 04 - 06, 08 - 10)  .
- Narrow-gauge locomotives of the Soviet and Russian railways
- SMZ ( Slovak. Strojárske a metalurgické závody ) - Machine-building and metallurgical plants
- Lists of rolling stock and photo gallery CS 11 . TrainPix . The appeal date is August 21, 2016.
- Narrow-gauge electric locomotives and electric heat locomotives // Electric locomotives ChS-11 . Caruzd . The appeal date is August 21, 2016.
- CHS11M-01 . TrainPix . The appeal date is August 21, 2016.
- P. Kashin, V. Botshenkov, V. Balabin, L. Moskalev. Part II // Our narrow-gauge diesel locomotives and electric locomotives. - Moscow: Railway Business, 2003. - ISBN 5-93574-014-1 .