Black Arrow is a Soviet large-format feature film based on the eponymous novel by Robert Lewis Stevenson , shot in 1985.
|In the main|
|Galina Belyaeva |
|Film company||Mosfilm Film Studio, Second Creative Association|
|A country||the USSR|
Medieval England , the second half of the 15th century . Young Dick Shelton begins to suspect that his father’s death was not accidental: the black arrow shot by John-vengeance-for-all contains a note stating that the killers of Shelton Sr. will be punished. However, Dick’s attempts to find out the truth about his father’s death come across a blank wall of silence and lies. Moreover, Dick's guardian, Sir Daniel, learning about his interrogations, orders him to be moved to a room in the castle, "from which they disappear," and Dick is in mortal danger ...
The events of the film develop against the backdrop of the war of the Scarlet and White Roses , and the main characters will somehow participate in the struggle for the English throne.
- Igor Shavlak - Richard Shelton
- Galina Belyaeva - Joanna Sadley / John Matchem
- Leonid Kulagin - Sir Daniel Brackley
- Yuri Smirnov - Sir Oliver, Priest
- Algimantas Masiulis - Bennet Hatch (voiced by Nikolai Grabbe )
- Boris Khimichev - Ellis Duckworth
- Sergey Tarasov - Appliard
- Alexander Filippenko - Richard Gloucester
- Yana Friends - Alicia Risingham
- Boris Khmelnitsky - Lord Gray
- Hari Schweiz - the little shooter
- Dmitry Orlovsky - Carter
- Vladimir Fedorov - a dwarf
- Director - Sergey Tarasov
- Script writer - Sergey Tarasov
- Director of photography - Mikhail Ardabyevsky
- Set Designer: Alexander Kuznetsov
- Composer - Igor Kantyukov
- Leader of the rental in 1985, 5th place - 29.8 million viewers.
- Many characters and storylines of the book are removed from the film, for example, the whole story of the unsuccessful attempt to rescue Joanna Sedley on the ship “Good Hope”, respectively, the captain Arblester is thrown out, the conflict between Dick Shelton and the Duke is due to Hatch, etc.
- The Duke of Gloucester (future King Richard III) is represented in the film by a bald old man, although in the novel (and in life) he is still a young man, even younger than Shelton.
- Many scenes were shot in the Khotyn Fortress , Ukraine .
- Most of the film was shot in Estonia , Tallinn and the surrounding area. In the frames, you can see parts of medieval Tallinn, Tolstaya Margarita tower, part of the fortress wall and Maiden’s tower , Niguliste church, Kik-in-de-Kök tower many times. Scenes at sea were filmed in the vicinity of Tallinn. The river and waterfall through which Richard carries Joanna at the beginning of the film are located in the town of Keila Joa .
- Considering the samples unsuccessful, Igor Shavlak cut his hair naked, as a result of which he had to act in a wig.
- In one of the episodes of the film, a song to the verses of the 13th-century German minnesinger Walter von der Vogelweide “Desires and languishing days ...” is translated by Wilhelm Levik : “Praise to both husband and wife, When they live in love ...”