Putilsky district ( Ukrainian Putilsky district ) - the administrative unit of the Chernivtsi region of Ukraine . The administrative center is the urban village of Putila .
|Included in||Chernivtsi region|
|Includes||1 village council|
13 village councils
|History and Geography|
|Date of formation||1961 year|
|Timezone||EET ( UTC + 2 , summer UTC + 3 )|
|Population||26 352  people ( 2017 )|
|Telephone code||+380 3738|
|Auto Code numbers||CE|
Putilsky district is located in the southwestern part of the region, on the border with Romania , in the highest part of the Ukrainian Carpathians . About 63% of the area is covered by forests. The distance to the regional center is 120 km . The area has a direct connection with neighboring Romania through 2 checkpoints, one of which provides the possibility of moving by passenger transport.
The territory of the region is covered with forests, where the dominant species is spruce , fir and ordinary beech . More than 50 species of plants grow in the forests of the region, in particular, mountain arnica , medical lungwort , St. John's wort , forest lily , edelweiss . The fauna of the area is characterized by great diversity. Carpathian deer , roe deer , wild boar , fox , squirrel , hedgehog , badger , hare are found in the forests. Of the birds there are a swallow , tit , woodpecker , dove , owl , bullfinch .
Among the mountains in a picturesque valley lies the urban village of Putila, where the Putilka River flows - the largest tributary of the Cheremosh River. By the nature of the relief, most of the Putil region is mountains. Here are the highest points of the Pokutsk-Bukovina Carpathians - Yarovitsa Mountains (1574 m), Zhupany (1488 m), Cherny Dol (1452 m).
According to the 2001 All-Ukrainian Population Census, the following ethnic groups were present in the district population:
- Ukrainians - 99.3%
- Russians - 0.4%  .
The complex mountainous terrain allows developing mainly livestock, forestry and food industries. Cattle of meat and dairy direction, sheep, horses are grown here. There are enterprises for the processing of milk and meat. Hutsul products are produced - bedspreads that are known far beyond the borders of the region. The area is rich in brick-and-tile raw materials, deposits of marble, sources of mineral waters, the deposits of which were discovered in the village of Dolgopolie, the town of Putila and in the village of Sarata.
An important place in the historical heritage of the district is occupied by historical and cultural monuments, of which there are over 20 in the district, in particular:
- Oleksa Dovbush cave - historical evidence of the events of 1730-1740;
- picturesque mountain lake of natural origin "Mountain Eye";
- Nemchich pass , located at the junction of the districts - Putilsky and Vizhnitsky, Chernivtsi region. A wide panorama of a mountain valley opens up from the pass, where the raging Cheremosh River flows;
- in the village of Ust-Putila there is a rock "Stone Rich Girl" or "Sworn Rock";
- in the town of Putila there is a museum-estate of the Ukrainian literary figure Yuriy Fedkovich. The house was built at the beginning of the XVIII century. For 60 meters from the museum-estate is an architectural monument of St. Nicholas Church, under the construction of which Yuri Fedkovich allocated land. The church was built in 1886;
- in s. Selyatin, which stands on the very border with Romania, is one of the oldest wooden structures - the church of the XVII century, made without a single nail.
- Every year, on the last Sunday of May, in Putil, the traditional holiday “Exit to the meadows” is held.
- Every year, in early August, in Putil, on the territory of the Museum of Y. Fedkovich, the traditional festival "Shovkova Kositsya" is held to mark the birthday of Y. Fedkovich.
- At the end of September, in the village of Podzakharichi, a holiday of humor and folklore "Zakharetsky Garchik.
- The region is the highest mountain of Bukovinian Carpathians Yarovitsa. Height is 1574 meters.
- On the mountain Semenchuk (Tomna-Tykul) is the former military unit "Pamir".