Kozelets ( ukr. Kozelets ) is an urban-type settlement , the administrative center of Kozeletsky district of Chernihiv region of Ukraine .
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in the summer UTC + 3|
|Population||7968  people ( 2018 )|
|Telephone code||+380 4646|
|Car code||CB, IB / 25|
Located on the banks of the river Oster   .
The name obviously derives from the beloved pet food; - wildflowers - Kozelets , or possibly from the goat forest in the area, called in the old days “goatles”, where there were many wild goats  .
Known since the beginning of the XVII century  , as a fortified city was part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth called Kozlograd . Since 1649 - the center of the Kozeletskaya hundreds of Kiev regiment .
1654 - 1917
After Pereyaslav Rada in 1654 became part of the Russian state .
In 1656, he received the Magdeburg right  .
In 1662, the Cossack-foremen's Rada (council) was held in Kozelets, where Jacob Samko was elected hetman  . After 7 years, the city was ravaged by the Tatars  .
In 1663 Kozelets received the city coat of arms .
In 1679, the city was ravaged by Yuri Khmelnitsky and the Crimean Tatars  .
In 1708 the regimental headquarters of the Kiev regiment were transferred to Kozelets, a colonel and a Cossack foreman lived here.
In 1771, all residents of the city died from the plague , becoming infected by a caftan bought in Chernihiv, which belonged to the deceased  .
In 1781 Kozelets became the center of the Kozelets district of the Kiev governorship    .
Since 1797, as part of the Little Russian province   .
Since 1802 - the center of Kozeletsky district of Chernigov province    .
In 1846, Taras Shevchenko visited Kozelts , when, on the instructions of the Archaeographic Commission, he traveled to sketch architectural and historical monuments of Chernihiv region. In the story "The Princess"  described Kozelets and its architectural monument Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin .
In 1883 it was known as a shopping center (in which there were five fairs a year), it numbered 5,078 inhabitants  .
In 1895, there were 546 courtyards, 756 buildings and 5420 residents, two brick factories, a steam mill, 151 trading shops, a local hospital (with a Jewish poorhouse) and a two-year school were operating there  . In the years 1906-1916, the weekly ad was published in the leaflet of ads of the Kozelets county zemstvo.
1918 - 1991
On January 21, 1918, Soviet power was established here  , but in early March 1918, Kozelets was occupied by German troops (which remained here until November 1918). In December 1918, the Petliurists captured the village, but on January 23, 1919, they were beaten out by parts of the 1st Bogunsky regiment and Soviet power was restored.
During the German-Soviet war from September 11, 1941 to September 17, 1943, the settlement was occupied by German troops .
In 1953 a brick factory, a zootechnical technical school and two high schools operated here, and peat was mined  .
In 1967 a bus station was built (architect Yu. P. Ilchenko, murals by T. A. Lyaschuk, A. I. Semenko), in 1969 - 1970. - widescreen cinema "Yubileiny", in 1967-1971. - Palace of Culture.
In 1972, a veterinary college operated here, the basis of the economy was a flax plant , a brick factory, a butter factory , and also peat extraction  .
In January 1989, the population size was9545 people  .
In May 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the decision on the privatization of the ATP- 17440  , flax plant and agricultural machinery  in the village , in July 1995, the decision on the privatization of the foodstuffs plant and the state farm  was approved.
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 8189 people  .
Kozeletsky College of Veterinary Medicine .
The village is located 40 km from the railway station Bobrovitsy  (on the Kiev - Nezhin line )  . Road junction  .
Monuments of Cultural Heritage
- The five-domed Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin (1752-63, architect A.V. Kvasov ) with a bell tower (1776-70) is a unique monument combining elements of the Ukrainian and Rastrelli baroque .
- The one-domed Nicholas Church (1784) is a late example of Ukrainian Baroque.
- The five-domed Ascension Church (1866-74) is a stylization under the Ukrainian baroque, an early example of the pseudo-Ukrainian style.
- The home of the Kiev Regiment Office (1756-60, architect A.V. Kvasov, I.G. Grigorovich-Barsky ) is a two-story brick building with a projection and stucco work, the only example of a Baroque administrative building on the Left Bank.
- The Pokorshchina Manor (1750s and 1760s), one of the oldest noble estates of the Left Bank, belonged to the Daragans family, related to the Razumovskys .
- Joasaph (Mitkevich) - Bishop of Belgorod.
- Tsirel'son, Leyb Moiseevich - Chairman of the All-Russian Rabbinical Collegium.
- Negovsky, Vladimir Alexandrovich - pathophysiologist, creator of Soviet resuscitation.
- Levitansky, Yuri Davidovich - a poet and translator.
- Tarakh-Tarlovsky, Kirill Nikolayevich - Catherine II's confessor.
- Pavlova, Maria Vasilievna - Russian and Soviet paleontologist.
- Stabova, Georgy Mikhailovich - Ukrainian Soviet film director and playwright.
- number of the apparent population of Ukraine is 1 September 2018. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2018. page 80
- Kozelets // Great Soviet Encyclopedia. / ed., Ch. ed. B. A. Vvedensky. 2nd ed. Volume 21. M., State Scientific Publishing House "Big Soviet Encyclopedia", 1953. p.542
- Kozelets // Big Soviet Encyclopedia. / ed. A. M. Prokhorov. 3rd ed. Volume 11. M., "Soviet Encyclopedia", 1973.
- Kozelec: history, architecture, tourism - Statis spіvrobіtnikіv NAІZ - Publishers directory - «Chernigiv Starodavnіy» vіtaє you!
- Kozelets - Mіsta - Private Region - Chernigiv Region
- Official site of the Chernihiv diocese | Latest Updates | Temples of Kozelets
- charm of the Cossack province. Journey to Kozelets, Nezhin and Baturin
- Kozelets, district town of Chernihiv province // Encyclopedic dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron : in 86 tons (82 tons and 4 extra). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Old Moscow: Stories from the former life of the First See. of the capital / [Op.] M.I. Pylyaev. - St. Petersburg: A.S. Suvorin, 1891. - , 576, 22, , VII p., 30 l. Il., grav. tit l : or; 27.
- Kozielec (Polish) in the Geographical Dictionary of the Kingdom of Poland and other Slavic Countries , volume IV (Kęs - Kutno) from 1883
- Princess. Taras Shevchenko. Povne zіbrannya creative. Tom. 3
- All-Union Population Census of 1989. The urban population of the Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by sex
- " 3119629 Kozelets'ke ATP-17440 "
Postanov Kabіnetu minіstrіv Ukraine № 343a vid 15 grass 1995 r. "Perelіk ob'єkіv, scho pіdlyagayut obov'yazkovіy privatizatsі y 1995 rotsі"
- " 306331 Kozeletsky Lionzavod "
Postanova Kabіnetu minіstrіv Ukraine ни 343b vid 15 grass 1995 r. "Perelіk ob'єkіv, scho pіdlyagayut obov'yazkovіy privatizatsі y 1995 rotsі"
- " 00381195 Kozeletsky food factory "
Postanov Kabіnetu minіstrіv Ukraine ı 538 vіd 20 linnya 1995 p. "About the addition of a crossroads of objs, scoop pіdlyagayut obovyazkovіy privatizatsіy at 1995 rotsі"
- number of the apparent population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2013. stor.111