Drabov ( Ukrainian: Drabiv ) is an urban-type settlement in the Cherkasy region of Ukraine , the district center of the Drabovsky district .
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3|
|Population||6,358  people ( 2019 )|
|Telephone code||+380 4738|
|Car code||CA, IA / 24|
It is located in the upper reaches of the swampy tributary of the Dnieper of the Zolotonoshka River, 75 km from the regional center - the city of Cherkasy .
The first information about Drabov dates back to 1680 , when a rich Cossack , later Pereyaslavl colonel Ivan Mirovich captured over the Zolotonoshka River on the free military steppe of the earth, where a small farm has long stood. Mirovich appealed to the tsar with a request to issue him permission for the right of ownership. In 1691 he received a letter of merit for a farm with a pond, forest , grazing and hayfields .
In 1707, the farm numbered 7 huts .
During the Northern War, the son of Ivan Mirovich Fyodor , along with the hetman Mazepa, switched to the side of the Swedes. By decree of Peter I in 1718, all the estates of the Mirovichi , including the Drabov farm, were unsubscribed to Prince Kantakuzin. In 1738, the widow of Kantakuzin wrote Drabov to the royal treasury.
In 1775, Catherine II gave the land of Drabov to the eternal and hereditary possession of Count Peter Zavadovsky .
In 1843, Zavadovsky sold Drabov to Prince A. I. Baryatinsky.
In 1848, Drabov was granted the status of a township , it became the volost center of the Zolotonosha district of the Poltava province  , where there were 4,700 inhabitants.
At the beginning of the XX century, there were 721 courtyards, 4089 inhabitants. Orthodox church, shops - 12, windmills - 59, blacksmiths - 4. One-class school of the Ministry of Education, loan-saving partnership, 3 fairs. Flax factory with 112 workers.
On January 9, 1932, the publication of a regional newspaper began here  .
During the Great Patriotic War from September 21, 1941 to 1944, the village was under German occupation .
In January 1989, the population was 7713 people  .
In May 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved a decision on the privatization of regional agricultural chemistry  .
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 6705 people  .
13 km from the railway station Drabovo-Baryatinskaya.
The Ukrainian choreographer N.P. Kolomyets was born in Drabov.
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2019 rock. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2019.
- Drabov // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- No. 3216. The Banner of October // Chronicle of periodicals and continuing editions of the USSR 1986 - 1990. Part 2. Newspapers. M., "Book Chamber", 1994. p. 420
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. Number of urban population of Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender
- Postanova of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 343b vid 15 grass 1995 p. “Change of ownership, which is necessary to privatize privatization in 1995”
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2013.