Rakutin Konstantin Ivanovich ( May 21, 1902 , the village of Novinki Russian Empire (now the Vachsky District of the Nizhny Novgorod Region ) - October 7, 1941 , near the village of Semlyovo, Smolensk Region , USSR ) - Soviet military leader, Hero of the Soviet Union , Major General .
|Konstantin Ivanovich Rakutin|
Major General K. I. Rakutin
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1902|
|Place of Birth||v. Novinki , Russian Empire ; now Vachsky district , Nizhny Novgorod region|
|Date of death||October 7, 1941 (39 years old)|
|Place of death||near the village of Semlevo , Smolensk region , USSR|
|Type of army||infantry|
|Years of service||1919 - 1941|
|Commanded||31st Army |
|Battles / Wars|
Civil war in Russia ,
|Awards and prizes|
He was born on May 21, 1902 in the village of Novinki now in the Vachsky district of the Nizhny Novgorod region . Russian .
In the Red Army since 1919 . In 1920 he graduated from the Tambov red commander courses and was sent to serve in the border troops  .
Member of the civil war . He went from a company commander to the head of the Baltic border region . He participated in the Soviet-Finnish War as an assistant commander of the 15th Army for the protection of the rear.
By a resolution of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR dated June 4, 1940, K. I. Rakutin was awarded the military rank of Major General.
Member of the Great Patriotic War since June 1941.
At the end of June 1941, K. I. Rakutin was appointed commander of the 31st army of the reserve of the Supreme Command . Since July 1941 - commander of the 24th Army of the Reserve Front . During the Elninsky operation , army troops broke through the enemy’s defenses, defeated the 20th Army Corps and liberated the city of Yelnya on September 6 .
The final blow was delivered to the Germans on the night of September 4-5. Under the cover of darkness, our units suddenly fell upon the main forces of the fascist group. The enemy took flight, leaving the trenches filled with the dead, throwing weapons, ammunition, equipment, and cars. Soviet troops, developing the pace of advance to 12-15 kilometers per day, proceeded to pursue the defeated enemy, preventing him from gaining a foothold at the intermediate borders. The fascist defense was completely defeated. The Soviet flag fluttered again over Yelnya town. Residents and partisans who came from the forests with great joy met the Red Army. Soviet and party organizations began the restoration of buildings destroyed by the Germans and the construction of new ones.
In October 1941, German troops encircled 4 Soviet armies, including the 24th Army, during Operation Typhoon .
Konstantin Ivanovich Rakutin died while trying to withdraw troops from the encirclement on October 7, 1941 in the vicinity of the village of Semlyovo, Smolensk region  .
By decree of the President of the USSR No. 114 of May 5, 1990, for the successful leadership of military formations and the personal courage and heroism shown to this, Konstantin Ivanovich Rakutin was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union (posthumous).
- Gold Star Medal of the Hero of the Soviet Union No. 11622 (posthumous);
- Order of the Patriotic War I degree (posthumous);
- Order of the Red Star ;
- award weapon 
- medal "XX years of the Red Army" .
- For a long time, the fate of the commander remained unknown. The location of Rakutin’s death was found by employees of the historical and archival search center “Fate” of the War Memorials Association . In 1996, the remains of Major General Rakutin K.I. were solemnly reburied in the cemetery of the Snegiri military memorial complex .
- The street in Okhotsk , the border guard post “Okhotsk” of the Magadan border guard detachment of the Kamchatka border district , as well as Elninskaya secondary school No. 2 are named after the brave commander.
- In 2005, on the eve of Victory Day on the Guards Alley in the city of Yelnya, a bust was set up for Major General K. I. Rakutin (author P. A. Fishman ).
- Name of Hero of the Soviet Union, Major General K.I. Rakutin assigned MBOU Novoselskaya secondary school, Nizhny Novgorod region, Vachsky district, village Novoselki, School street, 2 a ("Nizhny Novgorod border guard")
Tombstone at the burial site.
Bust of K.I. Rakutin in the city of Yelnya .
The name of K. I. Rakutin is carved on the slab of the memorial complex “To the Siberian Warriors”.
Memorial complex “To the Siberian Warriors”, Lenin-Snegirevsky military-historical museum .
In the 6-episode film “ War on a Western Direction ” ( 1990 ), the role of Konstantin Ivanovich Rakutin was played by Pavel Semenovich Morozenko, Honored Artist of the Ukrainian SSR .
- The Great Patriotic War. Commanders: Military Biographical Dictionary. - M .; Zhukovsky: Kuchkovo Field, 2005 .-- ISBN 5-86090-113-5 .
- Sechkin G. (major general), Zaitsev N. (colonel) . ... The name of the commander of Rakutin // magazine "Border Guard". - 1987. - No. 5. - S. 27-29.
- December 6, 1996, the remains of 50 capital’s defenders who died in the fall of 1941 were buried at the military memorial cemetery for the defenders of the Fatherland “Snegiri”, 20 of them were found on the road to the village of Semlevo, Smolensk region, and 30 - near the village of Letino (Snegiri village) of Istrinsky district of the Moscow region. In the first case, the military ranks of the eight dead were determined: a major general, two captains, a senior lieutenant, a military technician of the first rank, a lieutenant, two Red Army soldiers .