Dmitry Maximovich Vasiliev ( February 15, 1902 , Moscow - 1986 ) - Soviet skier and trainer.
|Dmitry Maksimovich Vasiliev|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Awards and prizes|
Honored Master of Sports of the USSR (1934, badge No. 18), Honored Trainer of the USSR (1956). 16-time champion of the USSR (1924-1940) in cross-country skiing . He played for Moscow for the clubs Sokolniki (1920-1924), the club of the October Revolution (1925-1930), and the Central House of Artists (1931-1941). Lieutenant Colonel Engineer  .
The elder brother  - Nikolai (1893-1967) - champion of Russia in 1913, RSFSR 1920 in cross-country skiing, Honored Master of Sports of the USSR (1937).
|Championship of the RSFSR||1921||30 km||3rd place|
|1922||30 km||4th place|
|USSR Championship||1924||30 km with a common start||champion|
|1926||30 km with a common start||champion|
|60 km with a common start||champion|
|1927||30 km with a common start||champion|
|1928||30 km||2nd place|
|50 km with a common start||champion|
|1933||30 km||2nd place|
|1934||15 km||2nd place|
|1935||20 km||3rd place|
|30 km||3rd place|
USSR champion in relay races:
- 1932 - Moscow team - mixed relay 3 × 5 km (2 men and a woman);
- 1933 - Moscow team - mixed relay 5 × 5 km (3 men and 2 women);
- 1935 - Red Army - mixed relay 10 × 5 km (5 men, 2 men over 35 years old, 3 women).
Silver medalist of the USSR championship in the team race:
- 1932 - Moscow team - paramilitary night run of patrols (without rifles) 20 km.
Multi-day races and runs
In 1926/1927, he participated in a run of 4 skiers of the October Revolution Club (others - Alexander Nemukhin , Vladimir Savin and Boris Dementiev) on the route Moscow - Leningrad - Helsingfors - Stockholm - Oslo (2150 km) - 35 days, 29 of them running.
The participant of the 4-day races Yaroslavl - Moscow (1938 - 232 km, 1939 - 229 km):
- 1938 - winner , as part of CDKA-1 - winner in the team event;
- 1939 - 2nd place, as part of the CDAA - 2nd place in the team event.
Skiers of the Finnish workers' sports union took part in the USSR championships 1926, 1927 and 1935 out of competition, who in almost all races were ahead of the USSR skiers (in 1926 Vasiliev was ahead of one of the Finns in the 15 km race).
In 1928, Vasiliev took the 2nd place in the 30 km race at the I winter working sports day in Oslo.
- since 1934 - senior coach of the CDKA ski team 
- 1943-1948 - Head of the Sports Department of the CDSA 
- 1948-1961 - head coach of the USSR Armed Forces in skiing 
- 1961-1962 - coach of the USSR national ski race team (men)
- Vasiliev D. M. On the track / Lit. Record V. Viktorov. - M .: “Young Guard”, 1956. - 184 p.
The author of a textbook, a number of textbooks and articles in the journal Theory and Practice of Physical Culture.
- Vasiliev D. M. Skier training. - M .: "Physical Culture and Tourism", 1936. - 48 p.
- Vasiliev D. M. Skiing: A training program for the training of public instructors. - M .: "Physical Culture and Sports", 1957. - 106 p.
- Order of the Red Star (1950)
- Generations of army skiers // With the emblem of CSKA. - M .: "Military Publishing", 1973.
- Ski race. Reference / Compiled by G.P. Markov . - M .: "Physical Culture and Sports", 1985. - 336 p.
- V. Gorbunov. Pioneers of snow campaigns // "Lokomotiv" - 50. - M .: "Physical education and sport", 1985. - P. 155-158.
- Publications by Dmitry Vasiliev at the Central Industrial Library of the Russian Federation for Physical Culture and Sports