License zlib ( eng. Zlib License ) is a license agreement for the distribution of free software , under which the zlib data compression library, libpng library , and many other free software products are distributed  .
|Author||Jean-Lou Gully and Marc Adler|
|Publisher||Jean-Lou Gully and Marc Adler|
|Published||October 3, 2004|
|Approved by OSI||Yes|
|Allows code under a different license to link||Yes|
This license is considered a free foundation by the Free Software Foundation  , and open - by the Open Source Initiative . It is compatible with the GNU General Public License  .
The zlib license is extremely simple and requires the following conditions to be met:
- Software is used "as is" - its authors disclaim responsibility for problems associated with its use.
- The following restrictions are imposed on the distribution of modified software versions:
- It is forbidden to claim that you wrote the original product;
- Modified versions should not be given as the original product;
- The license notice should not be removed from source packages.
This license does not require the mandatory distribution of source codes with the product.
Original text of the license in English:
Copyright (c) <'' year ''> <'' copyright holders ''> This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions: 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgement in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required. 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software. 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
- Libpng license
- Official License Text
- GNU operating system, Various licenses and comments on them . License ZLib . Date of treatment July 7, 2008. Archived February 25, 2012.