The National Association of Piano Duos is an association of pianists playing piano duets , composers , musicologists and music lovers.
It was created in 1989 as the All-Union Association of Piano Duos . The first presidents of the Association are Alexander Georgievich Bakhchiev and Elena Gennadyevna Sorokina . Vice President - Lyudmila Osipova. Since 1991 - The National Association of Piano Duos, whose presidents were E. G. Sorokina and A. G. Bakhchiev.
- All-Union Festival of Piano Duos “Noah's Ark” (Sverdlovsk, 1989) http://www.russiancinema.ru/template.php?dept_id=3&e_dept_id=5&e_chrdept_id=11&e_chr_id=3159&chr_year=1989 (unavailable link)
- First International Piano Duet Festival ( Leningrad , 1990 )
- All-Union Festival and Seminar of Piano Duets ( Nizhny Novgorod , 1991 )
- International piano duet festivals in Yekaterinburg, (1991, 1993 , 1995 , 1997 , 2000 )
- Festival of Piano Duets of the Moscow Composer School (Moscow, 1992)
- Festival of Piano Duets in St. Petersburg (1992)
- International festival of piano duets "Novosibirsk-100", 1993
- International Festival of Piano Duets ( Novosibirsk , 1994 )
- International piano duet festivals “Siberia” (Biysk - Prokopyevsk - Tomsk - Novosibirsk)
- International piano duet festivals in Smolensk (1995, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2008)
- Piano Duets Festivals “Musical Surprises” (Vologda, 2006, 2007)
- International piano duet festivals in years. Vologda and Cherepovets (2001-2008)
- All-Russian Piano Duet Competition named after M.A. Balakireva ( Nizhny Novgorod , 1991)
- International competition of children's piano duets " Brother and Sister " them. L. A. Brook ( St. Petersburg , since 1995)
- The First All-Russian Competition of Piano Duets for Students, Accompanists and Teachers of Music at Faculties of Pedagogical Universities ( Vologda , 2001)
- All-Russian Youth Competition-Festival of Piano Ensembles and Accompaniment “ Duettino ” - ( Cherepovets , 2002)
- The Second All-Russian Competition of Piano Duets for Students, Accompanists and Teachers of Music at Faculties of Pedagogical Universities (Vologda, 2004)
- All-Russian competition of children's piano duets " At the piano for two " them. A. G. Bakhchiev (Vologda, 2008) 
- The scientific conference “Piano duet as a phenomenon of performing culture” within the framework of the First festival-seminar of piano duets. Nizhny Novgorod, September, 1991
- International Scientific Conference “Piano Ensemble: Composition, Performing, Pedagogy”. St. Petersburg, October, 2001
- From 1989 to 2007 - the piano duet of Alexander Bakhchiev ( 1930 - 2007 ) and Elena Sorokina.
- Since 2008 - Academician Elena Gennadyevna Sorokina
about 100 musicians - members of piano ensembles, composers, administrators, critics, music lovers from the countries of the former USSR and abroad.
- St. Petersburg - opened in 2005 , Chairman - Igor Markovich Taimanov, General Director - Vladimir Abramovich Gurevich
In November 2007, the St. Petersburg branch of the National Association of Piano Duets in Russia adopted a new version of the Charter and became known as the St. Petersburg Association of Piano Duos . This independent regional organization has passed state registration and received the status of a legal entity. Chairman of the Association Council, artistic director of the Baltic Piano Duets festival and the Brother and Sister contest - Igor Taimanov.