Golegã ( port Golegã ; [ golɨ'gɐ̃ ]) is a urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the same municipality in the county of Santarem . The population is 3.9 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 5.6 thousand inhabitants (municipality). The village and municipality are part of the economic and statistical region of Alentejo and the subregion of Leziria do Tejo . According to the old administrative division, he entered the province of Ribatejo .
|Internal division||2 districts|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer of UTC +1|
|Population||5589 people ( 2001 )|
|Density||75 people / km²|
The village is located in the center of Santarem County, 26 km northeast of the city of Santarem .
The municipality borders:
- in the northeast - municipality of Vila Nova da Barkinha
- in the east - municipality of Shamushka
- in the west - the municipality of Santarem
- in the northwest - the municipalities of Torresh-Novash , Entronkamento
|The population of the Golegan Municipality (1801–2004)|
The settlement was founded in 1534 .
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Santarem County
- Municipalities of Santarem County
- Santarem County Districts