Almeirin ( port. Almeirim ; [ aɫmɐi'ɾĩ ]) - a city in Portugal , the center of the municipality of the same name in the district of Santarem . The population is 11.6 thousand inhabitants (city), 22.8 thousand inhabitants (municipality). The city is included in the economic and statistical region of Alentejo and the subregion of Leziria do Tagus . According to the old administrative division, it was part of the province of Ribatejo .
|Internal division||4 districts|
|The mayor||Joaquin Gomes|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , summer UTC + 1|
|Population||23,376 people ( 2011 )|
|Density||105.39 people / km²|
The city is located 6 km southwest of the city of Santarem .
The municipality borders:
- in the north - municipality of Alpiarsa
- in the northeast - the municipality of Shamushka
- in the east - the municipality of Shamushka
- in the south - the municipalities of Coruš , Salvaterra de Magos
- in the west - Kartashu municipality
- in the northwest - municipality of Santarem
The city was founded in 1483 .
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Benfica do Ribatejo
- Fazendas de Almeirin
- Santarem (Borough)
- Santaren County Municipalities
- District of Santarem
- cm-almeirim.pt - official site of the municipality