Lozada ( port. Lousada ; [ lo (ou) 'zadɐ ]) is an urban-type village in Portugal , the center of the eponymous municipality in the Porto district. According to the old administrative division, it was part of the province of Douro-Litoral . Included in the economic and statistical subregion of Tamega , which is part of the Northern region . The population is 7.8 thousand inhabitants (village), 47.1 thousand inhabitants (municipality) for 2006 . It covers an area of 94.89 km².
|Historical area||Douro Litoral|
|Internal division||25 districts|
|The mayor||Georges Magagliash|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , summer UTC + 1|
|Population||47 130  people ( 2006 )|
|Density||488 people / km²|
The patron saint of the village is Jesus Christ ( port. Jesus ).
The city is located 35 km northeast of adm. Porto city center district.
The municipality borders:
- in the north - Wizela municipality
- in the northeast - the municipality of Felgeiras
- in the east - the municipality of Amarante
- in the south - Penafiel municipality
- in the southwest - the municipality of Paredes
- in the west - the municipality of Pasus de Ferreira , Santo Tirsu
The city was founded in 1514 .
|The population of the municipality by years (1801-2004)|
|4412||10 550||16 539||19,436||27 947||37 904||42 502||44,712||46 322|
Composition of the municipality
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Porto (Borough)
- Porto County Municipalities
- Porto County Districts