Miranda do Corvo ( port. Miranda do Corvo ; [ mi'ɾɐ̃dɐ du 'koɾvu ]) is a urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the same municipality in the district of Coimbra . It is part of a large urban agglomeration Big Coimbra . The population is 7.5 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 13.6 thousand inhabitants (municipality). The settlement and the municipality are included in the economic-statistical region of the Central region and the subregion Pinyal-Interior-Norte . According to the old administrative division was part of the province of Beira-Litoral .
|Miranda do Corvo|
|port. Miranda do Corvo|
|Municipality||Miranda do Corvo|
|Internal division||5 districts|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer UTC +1|
|Population||13,622 people ( 2006 )|
|Density||103 p / km²|
|Postcode||3220 Miranda do Corvo|
The patron saint of the village is Jesus Christ ( port. São Salvador ). Holiday village - June 1 .
The village is located 16 km south-east from adm. center of the city of Coimbra .
The municipality borders:
- in the northeast - the municipality of Vila Nova de Poiesares
- in the east - the municipality of Lousã
- in the southeast - municipality of Figueiro dos dos Vinhos
- in the southwest - the municipality of Penela
- in the west - the municipality of Kondeysha-a-Nova
- in the northwest - the municipality of Coimbra
|Population of the Miranda do Corvo Municipality (1801–2006)|
The settlement was founded in 1136 .
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Miranda do Corvo
- Rio vid
- Vila Nova
- Coimbra District
- Coimbra County Municipalities
- District of Coimbra