Sertan ( port. Sertã ; [ sɨɾ'tɐ̃ ]) is an urban-type village in Portugal , the center of the municipality of the same name in the Castelo Branco district. The population is 5.5 thousand inhabitants (village), 16.7 thousand inhabitants (municipality). The village and the municipality are included in the economic and statistical region Central Region and the Pinjal-Interior-Sul subregion. According to the old administrative division, it was part of the province of Beira Baixa .
|Historical area||Beira Baixa|
|Internal division||14 districts|
|The mayor||Jose Paulo Barata Farigna|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , summer UTC + 1|
|Population||16,720 people ( 2001 )|
|Density||36.7 people / km²|
|Katoykonim||Sertaginense; Sertagenense; Sertanense|
|Telephone code||+351 274|
The patron saint of the village is the Apostle Peter ( port. São Pedro ). Holiday village - June 24 .
The village is located 53 km west of adm. Castelo Branco County Center.
The municipality borders:
- in the north - the municipality of Pampillosa da Serra
- in the northeast - the municipality of Oleirush
- in the east - the municipality
- in the southeast - the municipality of Proensa a Nova
- in the south - the municipalities of Masan , Vila de Rey
- in the southwest - the municipality
- in the west - the municipality of Ferreira do Zezere
- in the north-west - the municipalities of Figueiro dos Dos Vinyush , Pedrogan Grande
The village was founded in 1455 .
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Cernache do Bonjardin
- Pedrogan Pekenu
- Varzea dos Cavaleirush
- Castelo Branco (Borough)
- Municipalities of Castelo Branco County
- Castelo Branco County Districts