Prunasa-a-Nova ( port. Proença-a-Nova ; [ pɾu'ẽsɐ ɐ 'nɔvɐ ]) is a urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the same municipality in the district of Kastelo Branco . The population is 4.7 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 9.6 thousand inhabitants (municipality). The settlement and the municipality are included in the economic-statistical region of the Central region and the Pinyal-Interior-Sul subregion. According to the old administrative division was part of the province of Beira-Baixa .
|Internal division||6 districts|
|Mayor||Joao Paulo Catarina|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer UTC +1|
|Population||9610 people ( 2001 )|
|Density||24 people / km²|
Holiday village - June 13th .
The village is located 38 km west of adm. center of the city of Castelo Branco .
The municipality borders:
- in the north - the municipality of Oleiros
- in the northeast - the municipality of Castelo Branco
- in the east - the municipality of Vila Vella de Rodan
- in the southwest - the municipality of Masan
- in the northwest - the municipality of Sertan
|The population of the municipality of Prüensa-a-Nova (1801–2004)|
The settlement was founded in 1242 .
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Alvitu da Beira
- Montes da senhora
- Prince a-nova
- Sao Pedro do Esteval
- Castelo Branco District
- Municipalities of Castelo Branco County
- Areas of Castelo Branco