Botikash ( port. Boticas ; [ bu'tikɐʃ ]) - urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the same municipality in the district of Vila Real . According to the old administrative division was part of the province of Traz-montish and Alto Douro . It is included in the economic statistical subregion Alto-Traz-Monz , which is included in the Northern region . The population is 1.1 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 5.9 thousand inhabitants (municipality) for 2006 . It covers an area of 322.41 km².
|Historical area||Traz-Montiş and Alto Douro|
|Internal division||16 districts|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer UTC +1|
|Population||5935  people ( 2006 )|
|Density||19.09 person / km²|
The patron saint of the village is the Virgin Mary ( port. Maria ). Holiday village - November 6th .
The village is located 43 km north of adm. center of the city of Vila Real .
The municipality borders:
- in the east - the municipality of Chaves
- in the southeast - the municipality of Vila Poca de Aguiar
- in the south - the municipality of Ribeira de Pena
- in the southwest - the municipality of Cabeceiras de Basto
- in the west and northwest - the municipality of Montalegre
The settlement was founded in 1836 .
|The population of the municipality by year|
The composition of the municipality
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Alturas do barroso
- To heart
- Covache do Barroso
- FIaines do Tamega
- San Salvador de Viveiro
- Vila Real (District)
- Municipalities of the District of Vila Real
- Districts of Vila Real