Alijo ( port Alijó ; [ ɐli'ʒɔ ]) is a urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the homonymous municipality in the district of Vila Real . According to the old administrative division was part of the province of Traz-montish and Alto Douro . Included in the economic and statistical sub-region of the Douro , which is included in the northern region . The population is 2.8 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 13.7 thousand inhabitants (municipality) for 2006 . Covers an area of 298 km².
|Historical area||Traz-Montiş and Alto Douro|
|Internal division||19 districts|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer UTC +1|
|Population||13,722  people ( 2006 )|
|Density||46.79 people / km²|
The patron saint of the village is the Virgin Mary ( port. Maria ). Holiday village - November 11th .
The village is located 24 km east of adm. center of the city of Vila Real .
The municipality borders:
- in the north - the municipality of Vila Poca de Aguiar , Murca
- in the east - the municipality of Carrazeda de Ancians
- in the south - the municipality of São João da Peschqueira
- in the west - the municipality of Sabroz
The settlement was founded in 1226 .
|The population of the municipality by year|
|2423||5454||19,919||20,452||23 511||18,846||16 327||16 300||16,000||15 810|
The composition of the municipality
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Casal de Loivos
- Sanfins do Douro
- Santa Eugenia
- São Mamede de Ribatua
- Vale de Mendish
- Vila shan
- Vila Verde
- Vilar de Masada
- Vilarinho de Cotaş
- Vila Real (District)
- Municipalities of the District of Vila Real
- Districts of Vila Real