Satan ( port. Sátão ; [ 'satɐ̃ũ ]) is a urban-type settlement in Portugal , the center of the eponymous municipality in the district of Viseu . It is located within the large urban agglomeration Big Viseu . According to the old administrative division was part of the province of Beira-Alta . Included in the economic statistical subregion of Dan LaFoynsh , which is included in the Central region . The population is 3.7 thousand inhabitants (settlement), 13.1 thousand inhabitants (municipality) for 2001 . It covers an area of 198.40 km².
|Internal division||12 districts|
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , in the summer UTC +1|
|Population||13,144 people ( 2001 )|
|Density||66.2 people / km²|
Holiday village - August 18 .
The village is located 17 km north-east from adm. center of the city of Viseu .
The municipality borders:
- in the north - the municipality of Moyment da Beira
- in the east - the municipality of Aguiar da Beira
- in the south - municipality Penalva do Castelo
- in the west - the municipality of Viseu
- in the northwest - the municipality of Vila Nova de Paiva
The settlement was founded in 1111 .
|The population of the municipality by year|
The composition of the municipality
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Ferreira de Aves
- Rio de moinyush
- Silvan de sim
- San Miguel de Vila Boa
- Vila longa
- Viseu (region)
- Municipalities of Viseu County
- Districts of Viseu County