NTV-Design is a company that specialized in the production of television design and computer graphics for the TV channels of Media-Most Holding, subsequently Gazprom-Media - NTV , NTV-Plus and TNT-Teleset  , At present, it is one of the divisions of the NTV television company.
|Type of||Closed Joint-Stock Company (1996-2001, 2003-2006) |
Open Joint Stock Company (January 30 — April 28, 2006)
|Abolished||April 28, 2006 (as an independent enterprise)|
|Founders||Semyon Levin , Vladimir Gusinsky |
|Location||Russia , Moscow|
|Parent company||OO Gazprom-Media|
The company was founded in 1996 . The founder and first leader was Semyon Levin  . During this period, great designers worked at NTV Design: Boris Miroshin, Elena Kitaeva with her husband Andrei Sheliutto  , Sergey Shanovich , Elena Shanovich, Sergey Ilyin, Anna Ershova, Mikhail Puzyrev, Alexander Korotich , Dmitry Stepanov and many others.
For the first time in the history of Russian design, studio works are awarded prizes at international competitions. International recognition comes to the studio, the scope of activity is expanding.
At different times, designers Ilya Kondratyev, Mikhail Knyazev, Dmitry Gulinov, Yuri Tsylin, Andrey Golikov, Dmitry Semenov, Anton Evdokimov, Ilya Gololobov, Alexey Mikhailov, Anna Kalentieva, Alexander Dultsev, Andrey Morev, Andrey Nepomnyashchev, composers worked and continue to work in the studio Anton Batagov  and Oleg Emirov , architects Alexei Zyazev, Anna Babilashvili and Denis Kuzin, directors Ivan Skvortsov and Anton Megerdichev , Alexey Shevtsov, Irina Krshizhanovskaya.
At different times, Elena Lapina, Polina Zimina, Elmira Makhmutova were the leaders of the promotional activities. The studio became an alma mater for many creative, art and marketing managers of domestic television channels and advertising agencies.
In April 2001, during the change of the channel’s leadership, Semyon Levin left NTV  , and the studio was headed by creative and art director Sergey Shanovich , who designed all the NTV and TNT clothes in 1998-2001  . In May of the same year, NTV-Design CJSC was liquidated due to unprofitability, after which NTV-Design was integrated into the structure of NTV as its unit   . In addition, by this time, the technical support of the studio was very outdated  :
I can take you around the premises and show that we are in terrible conditions. Technique 3-4 years ago. Four years ago, of course, it was the most powerful on the market. But since 1998, the Intel Pentium processor has changed 3 or 4 times. Now we are trying, of course, to change everything. But we need to understand why we are valuable. We are valuable in ideas; an artist makes a picture. And those good luck that happen are more likely contrary to.- Sergey Shanovich: “We must be one step behind”, Izvestia , April 19, 2002.
On January 28, 2003, after Nikolai Senkevich came to NTV, NTV-Design again began to exist as a separate legal entity. On April 28, 2006, the company was abolished and again began to exist as a division of the NTV television company   .
After leaving NTV, Sergey Shanovich with part of his employees created SHANDESIGN, the largest studio in the field of design and promotion on national television  .
Since March 2016, the art director and head of the NTV-Design service has been Igor Sordokhonov, who previously worked for MTV Russia and Muz-TV , as well as in SHANDESIGN  .
Awards and nominations
- 1998 - prize for the best design for a television studio
- 1999 - nomination "Teledesign"
- 1997 - Festival Grand Prix
- 1999 - First and second place for computer graphics and animation in television screensavers. Festival Grand Prix
- 2000 - Festival Grand Prix
PROMAX & BDA EUROPE:
- 2000, Berlin - Finalist in the category “Best Air Design”
- 2002, Seville - Gold Award in the category "Best Studio Design" ( Gordon Program )
- 2002, Seville - Silver Award in the category "Best Logo Design"
- 2004 Rome - Gold Award in the Best Sting Category
- 2004, Rome - Silver Award in the category "Best Logo Design"
- 2009, Prague - Silver Award in the nomination "TV Promotion" ("Superstar. Star Wars")
PROMAX & BDA INTERNATIONAL:
- 2000, New Orleans - Silver Award in the Design of Information Program category
- 2003, Los Angeles - Platinum award in the category "Design information program"
- 2005, New York - “8.5 of Evgeny Primakov.”
- 2005, New York - Autotop.
- 2005, New York - "USSR Cuba - the story of one love."
- 2006, New York - Silver Award for designing the cap of the Liar program.
- 2006, New York - Silver Award for the design of the studio "Sunday evening with Vladimir Solovyov."
- 2006, New York - Silver Award for the General Design of the NTV Calendar.
- 2006, New York - Bronze award for the credits of the “Investigation led” program.
- 2006, New York - Demoreel NTV-design Bronze Award for Promotion.
- 2006, New York - Bronze award for designing the news studio of the Today program.
- 2006, New York - Gold Award in the nomination "Best Promotion" ("Maximum Program")
- 2006, New York - Gold Award in the nomination "TV Promotion" ("Ostrog")
- 2006, New York - Bronze award in the nomination "Promotion of the children's program" ("Our Everything")
- 2009, New York - Silver Award in the category "Best Promotion" ("Capercaillie")
- 2009, New York - Silver award in the nomination "Design" (Advertising beating "Man-Dolphin. Day")
- 2009, New York - Bronze Award in the nomination "Design" (Design of the DVD packaging of the series "Secret Orders")
- 2009, New York - Demoreel NTV-Design Bronze Award for Promotion
- 2009, New York - Bronze Award (Advertising beating "Dolphin Man. Night")
PROMAX & BDA (others):
- 2003 (P&B Russia) - Gold Award in the category "Best Design of the Program".
- 2003 (P&B Russia) - Silver Award in the category "Best Logo Design".
- 2003, Singapore - Gold award for the studio project for the program of Alexander Gordon .
- 2004 (P&B World Award NYC) - Three gold awards "World Gold Isis Award". Three silver awards - World Silver Isis Award. Bronze Award - “World Bronze Award”.
- 2012 (P&B Global Excellence) - Gold Award in the nomination "Design of the promotional campaign of programs" (Series of promotional videos of the programs of Pavel Lobkov)
- 2012 (P&B Global Excellence) - Silver Award in the category “Promo, not aired” (Promo video of the musical battle “Russia vs. Ukraine”)
- 2013 (P&B Global Excellence) - Gold Award in the nomination “Promotional television series” (Promotional video of the television series “Karpov”)
- 2018 (P&B Global Excellence) - Bronze Award (Promotional Beats)
- The Fifth All-Russian Exhibition-Competition “Design-97” - award “Best Design of the Year”.
- Third Eurasian Teleforum 2000 - Grand Prix for the broadcasting of the channel.
- OMNI INTERMEDIA AWARD 2000 - 3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze design award for NTV channel.
- The 5th International Festival of Architecture and Interior Design - The main prize of the Moscow Committee of Architecture "For creating a harmonious architectural image with minimal means", as the author of the studio's project for the program of Alexander Gordon.
- NEW YORK FESTIVALS 2005 - a gold medal for the schedule of the City program (Channel 3) and a silver medal for the schedule of the Personal Contribution program (NTV).
- “The dictatorship of design on NTV” “Composition.ru LLC” dated August 10, 2005: “In 1996, NTV-design was created by Semyon Levin and Vladimir Gusinsky . ”
- NTV-Design. Media Bridge
- Semyon Levin: “NTV Design” is the space of a cool game ” . The art of cinema (July 1, 1998).
- article “Shelutto is cool” in the graphic design magazine “ [kAK] ”, Sergey Ivanovich Serov : “In the mid-90s, together with his wife Elena Kitaeva, Shelutto went to the Premier SV advertising agency, which worked with television - ungrateful and exhausting They then worked together on the NTV channel.
- NTV was left without clothes . Komsomolskaya Pravda (June 19, 1998).
- NEWSru.com news :: “Dolls” remain on NTV, and the sports editorial office leaves
- Fighting under the net - News
- "NTV-Design" was closed . Kommersant (May 18, 2001).
- NTV liquidated NTV-design as unprofitable
- “Sergei Shanovich:“ We must be one step behind ” Izvestia , April 19, 2002
- Triumph of the knee . Lenta.ru (January 17, 2007).
- “That's why he is called a zombie creator”: Former NTV art director on television design . Look at me (October 17, 2014).
- Sergey Shanovich: “At this stage, the NTV channel does not need mega-design” - NTV
- ABOUT . The site of Igor Sordokhonov.