" Ethan Frome " ( Eng. Ethan Frome ) - a film of a joint British - American production, a film adaptation of the work of the same name by Edith Wharton . The debut of filmmaker John Madden on the big screen. The film was released in 1993 .
|Genre||drama / romance|
|In the main|
|Liam Neeson |
|Fees||$ 296,081  (in the USA)|
|A country|| USA |
- 1 plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Rental History
- 4 notes
- 5 Links
Ethan and Zina are a married couple. Zina is seriously ill, on the advice of a doctor, she needs to be freed from homework. A distant young relative who has been left without parents comes to her and becomes a housemaid. Ethan, tired of a dull life with an ever-grumbling wife, falls in love with a guest.
|Liam Neeson||Ethan Frome|
|Patricia Arquette||Matty Silver|
|Joan Allen||Zinobia Zina Frome|
|Tate Donovan||Rev. Smith|
|Stephen Mendillo||Ned Hale|
|Phil Garren||Mr. Howe|
|Virginia smith||mrs howe|
|Annie nessen||Sarah Ann Howe|
|Katherine Houghton||Mrs. Hale|
|George Woodard||Yotham Powell|
|Jay Goede||Denis go|
The premiere of the film in the USA took place on March 12, 1993 in 17 movie theaters. In total, the tape was in the American box office for two weeks  , while collecting $ 296,081  and received mixed reviews from film critics, as evidenced by the half rating on the Rotten Tomatoes review storage site  . Among the shortcomings of the picture, its inability to comply with the spirit of the literary source was noted   .
- Costing fees . Box Office Mojo. Date of treatment June 2, 2011. Archived on February 5, 2012.
- Rental History (English) . Box Office Mojo. Date of treatment June 2, 2011. Archived on February 5, 2012.
- Ethan Frome on Rotten Tomatoes
- Roger Ebert . Review and criticism of the film . Chicago Sun-Times (March 12, 1993). Date of treatment June 2, 2011.
- Vincent Canby . Review and criticism of the film . The New York Times (March 12, 1993). Date of treatment June 2, 2011.