1790s in the theater
- March 31, 1794 - Symphony No. 100 (Military) by Haydn was first performed
- 1798 premiere of the opera The Virgin of the Danube at the Vienna Theater Leopoldstadt.
- 1791 - Kazan Drama Theater was founded
- 1792 - Kursk Drama Theater was founded
- 1792 - the Venetian theater La Fenice was opened, on May 16, 1792 the premiere of Paiziello's Agrigento Games opera was held there.
- 1793 - founded the Opera San Carlos in Lisbon, Portugal. The first opera staged in the theater was Domenico Cimaroza's Ballerina in Love.
- 1793 - Penza Drama Theater was founded
- 1798 - the first public theater was founded in Nizhny Novgorod , from which the Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky conducts its history
- 1799 - Schiller wrote the play Wallenstein
- August 30, 1799 - Rosa Taddei (d. 1869 ), Italian actress and poetess.
- October 1 - Thomas Overskou , Danish playwright (d. 1873 )
- November 4, 1797 in Naples - Carlo Blazis , Italian dancer, choreographer and dance theorist.
- November 7, 1799 in Paris - Jules-Henri Saint-Georges , French playwright and novelist, author of a huge number of opera and ballet librettos.
- May 18, 1792 - Charles Simon Favard , French playwright
- June 4, 1792 - Jacob Michael Reinhold Lenz , German writer and playwright
- 1  December 1792 - Denis Ivanovich Fonvizin , Russian writer and playwright